Head of Town Planning
We’re looking to recruit a Head of Town Planning (housebuilding).
The Larkfleet Group of Companies is an award winning construction company based in Bourne, Lincolnshire and due to continued expansion we’re looking to recruit.
We are offering an Industry leading annual salary, company car or allowance, bonus, health care and pension contributions.
The Larkfleet Group and Larkfleet Homes currently has a position for Head of Planning within the Land and Planning Department. Reporting to the Chief Executive Officer and Land Director, Larkfleet is looking for a stand out individual with a proven track record to lead the Development Team in the progression of a wide range of residential led development projects.
Larkfleet Homes offers interested candidates a fresh challenge in an exciting environment, helping push their career to the next level by joining an award-winning Housebuilder and development company.
The role allows the individual to lead on new site development from initial planning policy analysis through design policy application, the submission of planning applications and consent/condition discharge to enable development to commence.
Larkfleet Homes seeks a Head of Planning who can demonstrate strong leadership skills to lead a busy team and assist in the delivery of planning applications for major housing developments.
The Head of Planning will naturally be a line manager to the planners within the department and liaise closely with colleagues in Land, Technical and Architectural departments.
- Oversee the full development planning process, managing appeals and submitting planning applications for the region.
- Preparation of planning strategies – working closely with all in-house and external stakeholders in a professional manner ensuring clear and transparent timescales, actions and outcomes.
- Preparation and submission of planning applications for residential led development schemes.
- Build and maintain strong relations with local planning authorities and external planning consultants.
- Offer support advice and guidance to other departments surrounding planning issues during due diligence stages.
- Negotiation of section 106 agreements and other legal aspects.
- Management of in-house planning team
- Industry Relevant Planning Degree. MRTPI Accreditation.
- Proven track record of delivering successful planning applications and appeals for major housing developments.
- Preferably 10+ years post qualification experience in a development company, local authority or planning consultancy role.
- Sound knowledge of the UK planning system for both promotion and current land opportunities.
- Ability to produce planning reports and presentations for senior board.
Larkfleet wishes to hear from well-established Planners who are working in the development industry, local government or planning consultancy and are looking for a new challenge with a company that has an extensive project portfolio and significant growth ambitions.
Apply with your CV and covering letter to: Helen Hick, Group Human Resources Director, Larkfleet Group, Larkfleet House, Falcon Way, Bourne, Lincs PE10 0FF or email to [email protected] Closing date for applicants 7th August 2020. Previous applicants need not apply. No Agencies.