Team Leader (Infrastructure Planning)
Supporting transformation in a dynamic environment
Brent is a tremendously vibrant London borough where the iconic arch of Wembley Stadium dominates the skyline. The council is pursuing a far-reaching transformation agenda that better meets the needs of our community so it is an exciting time to join us.
This permanent post with flexible working arrangements is based at Brent Council’s award winning offices.
If you are ready to be part of a dynamic growing Infrastructure Planning team in a borough that has an ambitious programme to deliver real community benefits for its residents then this could be the role for you.
An exciting opportunity to play a key role in ensuring growth and regeneration in the borough is delivered in line with the Brent Local Plan, Borough Plan priorities and the Infrastructure Delivery Plan. As part of the Spatial Planning service, you will lead the Infrastructure Planning team through the innovative and practical development of infrastructure planning policies and associated documents and practical use of S106 planning obligations, CIL and other funding mechanisms.
You will have a passion for infrastructure planning, recognising the important role it plays in ensuring Brent’s communities benefit from growth and regeneration.
We are looking for a strategic thinker, with proven expertise of managing people and project management will be key to ensuring successful leadership and delivery of service objectives. Someone who thinks outside of the box.
A positive can do attitude and a willingness to deliver innovative ways of doing things will be important along with the ability to build relationships across service areas (internally & externally) and drive effective community engagement.
Brent’s Civic Centre brings together the many services of Brent Council under one roof, incorporating a state-of-the-art modern library and a range of civic and community spaces. The new Civic Centre is located on Engineers Way, adjacent to Arena Square and Wembley Arena and just outside Wembley Stadium making this state of the art building a beautiful environment to work in. The London Designer Outlet is a couple of minutes’ walk away. There is a lot going on in Wembley Park.
Closing Date: 1st September 2020 (23:59)
Interviews: Will take place online or in person on no fixed date (all social distancing rules will be adhered to).
Want to hear more?
Please note CVs will be considered as part of your application for this position.
Apply for the role by submitting your CV below or for an informal and confidential discussion, please call Rob now on 0207 183 1047 or 07855 276123. Email enquiries can be sent to [email protected]
Please be assured, your CV and personal information are safe with us – we will never share your details without your prior consent.
- Brent Council reserve the right to end this process in advance once the right candidate has been identified.
- Brent Council values the diversity of its community and aims to have a workforce that reflects this and therefore encourage applications from all sections of the community. We positively encourage all applicants to self-identify their characteristics in the diversity survey section in the application.
- We are committed to safer recruitment and safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Applicants should be aware that posts working with children, young people and vulnerable adults are subject to an Enhanced DBS check as well as other employment clearances.
- Brent has a positive approach to flexible working.
- We are a Disability Confident Employer – committed to ensuring that our recruitment and selection process is inclusive and accessible.