Senior Planning Officer (Development Manager) and Senior Planning Policy Officer
Salary and Hours: Circa £35,485 per annum, 37 hours per week
Planning Officer (Development Management)
Salary and Hours: Circa £26,493 per annum, 37 hours per week
Contract Type: Permanent
Location: Long Stratton, close to Norwich/Thorpe Lodge, Norwich
Do you have a passion and vision to help shape future for growth and planning in South Norfolk and Broadland District Councils?
Do you want to join a busy and enthusiastic planning team and deal with a wide range of planning applications and develop your planning career with two ambitious authorities? Do you enjoying influencing and shaping future development proposals to improve the place we live and work in? Do you want to build on your planning knowledge by dealing with a wide range of planning applications or help deliver our growth proposals through the preparation, implementation and communication of the Councils’ policies and strategies?
Then read on... as we have three new vacant roles in Development Management and one in Planning Policy.
What you could be part of…
Development Management: Working as one team across two Councils you will be part of a dynamic multi-disciplined development management team which is facilitating and encouraging the delivery of growth to a high standard. The role offers the unique opportunity to work across a geographical area rich in heritage assets, based at two office locations in Norwich and Long Stratton.
Planning Policy: You will be part of a committed and forward-thinking Spatial Planning Team working as one team across two Councils and as part of the Greater Norwich Local Plan team. You will be contributing to the preparation, implementation, monitoring and review of the Councils’ Local Plan, associated policies and strategies and undertaking community and infrastructure planning work with internal and external colleagues.
Working at the Council enables you to be part of an organisation which is proud to deliver high-quality, customer focussed services. Our success comes from us being commercially astute and business-like. Continuous improvement is also vital and we challenge ourselves to develop new and innovative ways to improve the services that make a real difference to people’s lives.
What’s in it for you…
Our package includes:
- 25 days holiday increasing to 28 days after 5 years service plus bank holidays (pro-rata for part time employees)
- Opportunity to work your hours flexibly to improve your work life balance (where operationally possible)
- Employer pension contributions of 15% with the option to make additional voluntary contributions
- Access to our One Team Rewards scheme including discounts in high street shops and restaurants, employee assistance programme and car lease scheme – with more to come!
- Payroll giving scheme
- Regular reviews with your line manager, develop a personal development plan, as well as opportunities to undertake training
- Compassionate leave and sickness entitlement for times of need
- Support towards volunteering days in the community and encouragement to be involved with fun activities to raise money for local and national charities.
You may still have questions about the role and can contact Tracy Lincoln, Development Manager, 01508 533814 to answer these for you for the Development Management roles and Paul Harris, Place Shaping Team Manager, 01603 430444 for the policy role.
Please apply online for this role via our website.
Closing date: 31st August 2020
Interview date: Week Commencing 24 August 2020