Planning Opportunities - OxCam Spatial Framework
All roles are fixed term (up to 2 years)
The Oxford-Cambridge Arc (the Arc) is a key economic priority for the Government and has the potential to be both a globally leading hub for innovation, and an exemplar of sustainable, well-designed development which puts communities and people first. This is why at Budget 2020, the Government announced the intention to develop, with local partners, a long-term spatial framework to plan strategically for the Oxford-Cambridge Arc up to 2050.
This is a unique opportunity to be involved with the development of a strategic plan with national visibility, in a globally-significant economic area – and this is an opportunity to develop a world-leading, exemplar approach to regional strategic planning.
We have multiple vacancies available within the OxCam Spatial Framework team. You will be part of a team which values a holistic approach to place-making, sustainability and economic growth, so you will work with colleagues across the Oxford-Cambridge Arc Unit and MHCLG to ensure that the decisions being made, and agreements we reach with local partners, will benefit local people, businesses and the environment in the long term.
Grade 6 Head of the Spatial Framework is now live with a closing date of 19th August 2020.
- This role will be instrumental in setting strategic direction, coordinating between local and national partners, and ensuring the Spatial Framework meets the Government’s ambitions for the Arc – and leading an inclusive, high-performing team.
- The data scientists will lead on the development of the Arc-wide data observatory (in the form of an interactive monitoring dashboard) and establishing a standardised, digitised Arc-wide evidence base
SEO Programme Manager and Programme & Contract Manager – Up to 2 roles is now live with a closing date of 23rd August 2020
- These roles will be instrumental in ensuring the successful and timely delivery of the spatial framework, ensuring co-ordination of different components are delivered at pace.
Grade 7 Spatial Economist is now live with a closing date of 23rd August 2020
- This role will lead on the development of an economic strategy for the Arc and conduct baseline economic analysis that will inform a sustainability appraisal alongside economic forecasts for the Arc.
We are looking for candidates who have the following skills:
- Organisational skills and ability to work with independence in a fast paced and dynamic environment.
- Ability to see the bigger picture, by making links and thinking creatively in order to position the work within the bigger picture, including in times of change.
- Relationship management and communications with stakeholders
- Ability to demonstrate wider thought leadership and apply critical judgement and challenge.
- Excellent decision making and judgement skills, and ability to synthesise complex issues effectively and at pace.
- Awareness, experience or understanding of the Oxford-Cambridge Arc area and the unique opportunities and challenges it faces
- Strategic planning or place-making expertise, with a planning or similar professional qualification.
- Holds or is prepared to work towards relevant qualifications to the roles
- Environmental policy and experience working with environmental organisations.