Senior Planning Officer
Senior Planning Officer – 12 Month Contract
Bainbridge, Wensleydale, North Yorkshire
We are the Yorkshire Dales National Park Authority, an organisation that protects, enhances and promotes the immense beauty, wildlife and character of the Yorkshire Dales.
Set against expansive heather moorland tops, each valley has its own distinct charm, from crags and pavements to an underground labyrinth of caves.
We’re currently looking for a Senior Planning Officer to join us on a 12 month contract.
- Salary of £29,636 - £33,798 per annum
- Government pension
- Flexible working
- Employee discounts on various goods and services
- Technology scheme
- Cycle to work scheme
- Free parking
- Generous leave entitlement
- Recognition and rewards for your hard work
This is an exciting opportunity for a qualified planning professional to broaden their experience while working in one of the UK’s most striking and breathtaking locations.
You will have the chance to help local people and businesses to protect the National Park and ensure it remains a thriving and beautiful area for years to come.
As a Senior Planning Officer, you will support the delivery of our development management service and help to promote sustainable development within the National Park.
You will negotiate positive design solutions, provide professional advice on a broad spectrum of planning issues, manage applications efficiently and present your recommendations clearly.
Reporting to the Principal Planning Officer, you will:
- Take on an interesting caseload
- Handle applications and appeals in line with our procedures and practices
- Help to monitor sites and the delivery of the enforcement service
- Give evidence at public inquiries and hearings
To join us as a Senior Planning Officer, you will need:
- Experience of development control work
- A good understanding of the legislative, procedural and policy framework within which the planning system operates
- Full membership of the Royal Town Planning Institute (through an appropriate planning qualification) or be eligible for, and working towards, full membership
- A full driving licenceOther organisations may call this role Senior Planner, Chartered Planner, Environmental Planner, Town Planner, Urban Planner, Senior Development Management Officer, Planning Development Officer, Senior Planning Applications Officer, or Planning Enforcement Officer.
The closing date for applications is the 3rd September 2020.
Webrecruit and Yorkshire Dales National Park Authority are equal opportunities employers, value diversity and are strongly committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all employees and all applicants for employment. Equal opportunities are the only acceptable way to conduct business and we believe that the more inclusive our environments are, the better our work will be.
So, if you are seeking your next challenge as a Senior Planning Officer, please apply via the button shown. This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.
Working hours: 37 hours per week