Planning Manager - Bristol (remote working included)
The organisation is a privately-owned investment company committed to the development and operation of renewable energy power production at scale. They invest into both renewable energy developers and projects across a range of proven renewable energy technologies including solar, wind, waste to energy, energy storage and energy efficiency.
With a strong track record in the development, construction, financing and management of renewable energy assets, the company is a leading player in this sector. They have £400 million of capital deployed into renewable energy investments.
The UK Solar Development team works with consultants and advisors throughout the country to develop a portfolio of subsidy-free solar and battery storage projects.
This is a great opportunity to join a new team, and to make a significant difference in the take up of renewable energy in the UK
The company is now looking for someone who is interested in applying their skills to the development and build out of a portfolio of new utility-scale solar and battery storage projects throughout the UK.
The ideal candidate will have experience in managing renewable energy projects through the planning and stakeholder engagement process.
The role requires an individual that can apply strategic thinking to unlock projects, providing solutions to complex planning situations due to technical, political or community issues. There will be an expectation on the individual to be able to do this with minimal instruction, therefore, initiative, confidence and experience are key to this role.
This person will also be the public face of the project as it progresses through the planning and stakeholder engagement process. Therefore, strong communications skills are important.
You’ll be highly organised and used to working with multiple projects and priorities. In this role you’ll also be part of a new exciting team.
- Being responsible for engaging and managing consultants tasked with the preparation of planning applications for solar and battery storage projects
- Managing a number of live projects through the different stages of the development process. Whilst there is a primary focus on the planning and stakeholder activities, this requires a wider understanding of the interactions and dependencies of other parts of the development process which may be impacted by decisions made on planning matters
- Thinking strategically about ways to unlock projects which, on the face of it, may not appear deliverable, rather than waiting to be guided by those above
- Being comfortable and able to communicate effectively with external stakeholders, at all levels
- Working with the wider Development Team to identify new development opportunities and undertaking initial desk-based planning feasibility studies for those new opportunities
- Undertaking site visits to produce preliminary project assessment reports to be fed into the investment decision making process
- Inputting into the wider development strategy for each project and providing project information to both internal and external stakeholders
- Maintaining a continued focus on process improvements
- Experience within the planning and development process for renewable energy projects, gained either in the planning function in the public sector, or within the private sector – 5+ years
- RTPI qualified
- Experience of having led on public-engagement and communications for development projects is desirable
You'll be offered a basic salary ranging between £45,000 - £55,000 per annum for this role, depending on experience. This is a great opportunity for a professional, who is looking to progress their career within a client-side role. Other benefits include private healthcare, contributory pension, cycle scheme, flexible working, birthday annual leave and other commercial discounts and perks.
How to apply:
If you are interested in this job, please apply now. Should you require more information, my number is 07894229847.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new role, please send your CV to me (CJ Obi) – email@example.com