Planning Team Leader - Infrastructure
We’re looking for a dynamic, innovative, solution-focussed professional planner with experience of infrastructure planning in an area with significant planned growth. Working within our planning policy team you will identify and plan infrastructure to accompany growth and support planning policy development. If you are committed to high quality customer service and ready for an exciting new challenge, this could be the role for you.
Planning Team Leader - Infrastructure Responsibilities:
- Providing input into the creation and deployment of service plans
- Understanding and contributing to budget planning, management and expenditure (overseeing and controlling the budget for your team, as required)
- Maintaining an awareness and understanding of new legislation and/or best practice, relevant to your team, interpreting the resulting implications and developing appropriate policies, procedures and practice to ensure that both councils comply with their statutory obligations, as well as to secure performance improvement and increased customer satisfaction
- Both informing and writing papers for cabinet, council, committees etc.
- Contributing to the achievement of both councils’ overall objectives by aligning the team to identified priorities
- Promoting a positive image of both councils
- The day-to-day supervision of employees within your team, including the management of annual leave, annualised hours, sickness and expenses claims
- Leading by example in modelling the conduct, behaviour and values expected of the councils’ employees and establish a working environment within your team in which individuals can excel
- With support from the service manager, participating in the appointment and development of officers within your team
Planning Team Leader - Infrastructure Requirements:
- A degree or diploma in Transport or Town Planning, a related discipline or equivalent level of experience
- Significant experience of working in infrastructure planning and/or planning
- Chartered member of CILT, RTPI or equivalent
- Significant experience of working in planning, including planning policy or transport work
- Good IT experience in Windows, including office and excel, plus email and internet, good keyboard skills
- Excellent project management skills
- Skills and knowledge to plan and organise workload for staff
- Excellent customer service skills, including provision of readily understood professional advice to customers and stakeholders, using tailored language specific to their level of understanding needs
- Able to communicate ideas and expectations clearly and succinctly, using plain language
- Good negotiating skills, actively listening to others’ viewpoints and explaining the organisational perspective
If you have the following experience or qualifications – it’s a bonus
- Policy formulation
- Project management qualifications
- Experience of attendance at local plan examinations and/or planning appeals
- Knowledge and/or use of transport modelling packages
About the councils:
South Oxfordshire and Vale of White Horse District Councils are forward-thinking local authorities, based in one of the most attractive areas of the country. They are looking for a professional, competent and enthusiastic person who can communicate well at all levels. An excellent benefits package is on offer including annualised hours (flexible working) and a career average pension scheme.
Location: Milton Park, Oxfordshire, OX14 4SB
Job type: Full Time, Permanent, 37 hours a week
Salary: £46,294 - £50,877 per annum
Benefits: A basic 24 days annual leave per annum, rising to 29 days after five years. You also have all the bank holidays to look forward to and time off between Christmas and New Year. Flexible working and annualised hours – a flexible approach to work that our employees love! A career average pension scheme. No car park costs as there is ample free parking. The opportunity to purchase a bike through Cycle scheme. Various schemes to keep you healthy, including reduced gym membership and workplace exercise classes. We give you two days per year to volunteer within the local community.
Closing date: 20 October 2020
Interviews to be held week commencing 9 November
You may have experience of the following: Planning Infrastructure Team Leader, Planning Team Leader, Planning Manager, Planning Supervisor, Planning Officer, Town Planner, Transport Planner, Infrastructure Planner, etc.