Eastleigh Borough Council is a high performing, ambitious and progressive council. We are recognised for our innovation and achievements, whilst delivering high quality service to our customers and the community.
We are looking for a Planning Officer to work in our Housing and Development team who has experience in being the case officer for a range of urban and rural development proposals.
We are seeking an enthusiastic, motivated and professional planner for this stimulating and varied role who will;
- Positively influence and take forward development proposals in line with the Corporate Plan vision for a sustainable, thriving and healthy Borough
- Be the lead officer on a range of minor pre-application enquiries and planning applications within; town and local centres, countryside, conservation areas: at listed buildings; on watercourses and within sites of international nature conservation importance
- Be looking for opportunity to have exposure to, assist with and lead on small major development proposals
- Have a willingness and desire to assist with or lead on presentations to the planning committee
- Enthusiastically and robustly defend the council’s decision at appeal via the written representation and hearing process
- Contribute to the delivery of the Council’s Housing Delivery programme and the excellent performance standards.
Your work will require you to be a persuasive and clear communicator working with a range of partners and agencies to achieve the best outcomes for the residents and the businesses of the Borough.
If you are excited by this opportunity and feel you have the skills, experience and attitude we are looking for we would love to hear from you. At Eastleigh, we are committed to supporting and developing all our staff and creating a culture that is inclusive, innovative and enjoyable. We offer a good range of benefits and facilities and support our staff in maintaining a good work life balance through our innovative flexi time system.
We also have an excellent package of benefits including:
24-27 days annual leave dependant on service
Flexible working arrangements and ability to accrue up to 2 days additional leave per month
Defined Benefit Pension Scheme
Places Leisure, Eastleigh – 30% off Full Membership
Confidential Employee Advice and Support Programme
Car and Season Ticket loans
Excellent working environment
Support for continuous professional development
Good work life balance
For an informal discussion please contact Andy Grandfield, Head of Housing and Development on 023 8068 8267.
APPLICATIONS WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED WITHOUT ATTACHING A COMPLETED APPLICATION FORM
Please click the link here to complete the application form:
Please send the completed application form with your CV to: email@example.com
Closing Date: 29 October 2020
Interview Date: 16 and 17 November 2020
Apply for Planning Officer
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly