Planning Monitoring Officer (Policy)
Are you a planning professional with great project management skills and experience of dealing with complex and sensitive planning work? Do you now want to take this experience and execute it within a beautiful setting? If so, this could be the role for you.
Exmoor National Park Authority manages a unique and beautiful part of the country that has been shaped by nature and people over thousands of years.
From the high cliffs that plunge into the Bristol Channel to vast moorlands, Exmoor offers drama, tranquillity, beauty and adventure.
We’re currently looking for a Planning Monitoring Officer to join us on a permanent basis at Exmoor House, Dulverton.
- Salary of £25,991 - £29,577 per annum
- Government pension
- Flexible working
- Family friendly schemes
- Paid sickness leave
- Social events
- 29 days’ holiday plus Bank Holidays
This is a fantastic opportunity to play a key role in the development and planning of policies that will support safeguarding our landscape, wildlife and cultural heritage.
We believe in promoting a healthy work-life balance and providing a welcoming, collaborative culture where staff have the flexibility, freedom and support they need to thrive.
Based in a beautiful wooded valley beside the River Barle, we have one of the world’s most breath-taking work environments. Well-behaved dogs are welcome in our office, so we often go out for lunchtime walks to enjoy the clean country air, recharge and enjoy Exmoor’s beauty.
As the Planning Monitoring Officer, you will be tasked with supporting the preparation, monitoring and implementation of Exmoor’s development and management plans.
Focusing on monitoring and evidence, you will deliver sustainable development plans where conservation is taken into account as well as elements that will enhance Exmoor and its special qualities.
As key element of your role will be to lead on local planning policy monitoring work and contribute to the Authority Monitoring Report.
Reporting to the Policy and Community Manager, you will:
- Develop and implement policies and proposals for the Local Plan and other planning documents in accordance with relevant legislation and guidance
- Analyse housing projections and monitor Parish Housing Needs Surveys to ensure compliance
- Lead on community engagement and public consultation for the Local Plan and associated documents to inform their direction and content
- Monitor delivery to meet policy requirements
- Prepare consultation responses that will positively influence Exmoor National Park
- Create policies that reflect the National Park Authority’s mission and purpose and report on these
To join us as a Planning Monitoring Officer, you’ll need:
- Professional membership of the RTPI or eligible for membership
- Detailed knowledge of the planning process, legislation, government guidance and procedures
- Experience of dealing with complex and sensitive planning issues and/or problems using analytical and decision-making skills
- Project management skills and the ability to prioritise and manage multiple and/or competing work demands, and work to strict deadlines
- Excellent data monitoring and recording skills, including evidence gathering and analysis
- A relevant degree (or equivalent), such as geography
A valid full driving licence will be required for this role.
Other organisations may call this role Planning Officer, Compliance & Planning Officer, Town Planner, Town Planning Officer, Environmental Planner, Planning Monitoring Manager, Planning Policy Officer, or Planning Policy Manager.
The closing date for applications is the 9th November 2020.
As a service provider and local employer, Exmoor National Park Authority is committed to promoting equal opportunities and tackling social exclusion in everything it does. The Authority recognises its statutory equality duties under legislation in terms of service provision and employment and is committed to meeting them.
So, if you’re seeking an exciting contract as a Planning Monitoring Officer, please apply via the button shown. This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.