Principal Planner/Head of Planning
Neo Environmental are seeking to recruit a Senior Planning professional to lead our planning work in England. The successful candidate must have relevant experience in the Renewables sector, particularly solar or wind. The position will offer the right individual the opportunity to work for a well-established and growing multi-disciplinary planning and environmental consultancy.
The successful candidate will work on a wide variety of projects, with the main focus on renewable energy developments. Prospective candidates will be expected to have excellent report writing skills, be well organised with meticulous attention to detail while also being able to manage a varied and full workload. The candidate should thrive in a busy work environment and on delivering to required project deadlines. Business development experience would also be beneficial.
The successful candidates should be RTPI accredited and will ideally have at least 4 years post-graduate planning experience, preferably in a consultancy environment.
- Overseeing all Planning work
- Project Management and delivery of EIAs, Planning Statements, DASs, etc
- Stakeholder Engagement and Management
- Co-ordinating in-house consultants and liaising with clients
- Organising and conducting site visits, team meetings and scheduling work
- Subcontractor management
- Tender and Fee Proposal production
- A Member of the Royal Town Planning Institute (RTPI)
- Demonstrable experience of the successful delivery and management of renewable projects
- Good knowledge and understanding of UK and EIA and planning legislation
- Excellent working knowledge of the English Planning system
- The successful candidate will be required to produce reports for clients and so attention to detail, reliability, and good organisational skills are essential.
- Significant proofing, editing and report collation experience
- Ability to project manage multi-disciplinary teams and multiple projects simultaneously
- Tendering and fee production Experience
- Full driving license
- Own transport
- Experience across the UK
- Strong track record in the production of tenders
- Proactive networker
NO AGENCIES PLEASE