Graduate Planner | Kent | Town Planning Consultancy
Penguin Recruitment is pleased to be supporting an independent and creative Town Planning consultancy, based just East of Canterbury on the hire of a Graduate Town Planner.
Since their inception at the start of the Millennium, the company has gone from strength to strength and now hold an enviable client base, having worked on a number of renowned planning schemes in the area. The firm provides sound independent commercial advice to assist with the delivery of development projects across the South East area.
The Graduate Town Planner will work with the team on a broad and interesting project base. Previous planning experience is advantageous but not essential. The Graduate Town Planner will be joining a small but experienced team of Planners and will work on a variety of both major and minor schemes. The Graduate Planner's work can include;
- Appraisal of the development potential of land opportunities
- Assisting in Planning strategy and promotion of land through the Local Plan
- Assisting in the Design & Access and Planning Statements
- Working with the team coordinating and negotiating planning submissions which for larger complex schemes will often involve an Environmental Statement (ES) requiring the coordination of input from ecological; tree; flood risk noise and highway consultants etc
- The prosecution of planning appeals including hearings and inquiries
- Viability appraisals and Section 106 negotiations including finalising the level of affordable housing provision
- Carrying out of Public Exhibitions and community engagement at the pre-application stage
- Applications for a certificate of lawful use
- Enforcement issues
- Instruction of planning barristers
- Option negotiations with landowners
To apply for the Graduate Planner role, you will hold a planning-related degree, good communication skills, a positive and ambitious personality and a valid driving license.
Interested? If you would like to be considered for this role, please send an up to date copy of your CV to [email protected]
Alternatively, if you would like an informal chat about the position and company in more detail, please give Matt Fraser a call on 01792 365 101.
Apply for Graduate Planner | Kent | Town Planning Consultancy
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly