Planning Enforcement Manager
This is an exciting time for the London Borough of Bexley; we are at the heart of regeneration and change as London moves east. Bexley is planning for unprecedented growth and development but a key corporate and political priority is to ensure managed and controlled growth and the planning enforcement team (which the successful candidate will manage) will play a crucial role delivering on that priority.
The ideal candidate will have extensive experience of taking robust formal enforcement action; including drafting and serving notices, being a prosecution witness, defending appeals including at Inquiry and taking direct action. You will also be capable of managing a team of enforcement officers that delivers a robust enforcement service that upholds the credibility of Bexley’s planning system.
Relevant planning qualifications and eligibility for membership of the RTPI is also desirable.
You will be ambitious for new opportunities and want to work as part of dynamic and friendly team to meet the Borough’s ambitions.
Investing in people is important to us, so we offer dedicated training and career development is essential to us.
This role is key for the delivery of the Council’s strategic corporate priorities. Working for us you will have the opportunity to make a real difference for our residents.
If you’re looking for an exciting challenge in a flexible, modern and accommodating working culture, come and join us on our Journey.
For an informal chat about this post, please call Robert Lancaster on 020 3045 3342.
Bexley is a London Borough with big growth ambitions across the Borough and along Bexley Riverside. We also have award-winning parks, open spaces and listed buildings. We work in a modern office environment in the heart of Bexleyheath.
What we offer:
- Relocation Package up to £8,000
- Our Choices Flexible Benefits Package includes lease car, and cash options to the value of £2,370 per annum
- Career Average Revalued Earnings Pension Scheme
- Performance Related Pay
- 27 days Annual Leave (rising to 30 after 5 years’ service) plus Bank Holiday Entitlement
- Annual Leave Purchase Scheme
- An excellent working environment
- Opportunities for flexible working with excellent ICT facilities
- MyChoice Staff Benefit Scheme – Includes, Cycle to Work Scheme, access to high street shopping vouchers and online discount codes.
- Closing Date for your application: 12 February 2021
- Please visit https://jobs.bexley.gov.uk/wrlive to find out more and apply. CVs will not be accepted unless they are submitted with a completed application form.
This post is considered by the authority to be a customer-facing position; as such it falls within scope of the Code of Practice on English language requirement for public sector workers. The council therefore has a statutory duty under Part 7 of the Immigration Act 2016 to ensure that post holders have a command of spoken English sufficient for the effective performance of the job requirements. The appropriate standards are set out in the JD/Person Specification. These will be applied during the recruitment/selection and probationary stages.
Follow us on Twitter @LBofBexley and @BexleyCareers