Spatial Planning Manager
Spatial Planning Manager
c£45k depending on skills and experience
Anglian Water are an award-winning organisation with almost 5,000 employees and over 6 million customers. We’re proud to have been voted as the best place to work in the UK and to be winners of the prestigious Utility of the Year award.
We recently announced plans to invest £6.5 billion into our regions water and sewerage networks, to help protect the environment and secure water resources for generations to come.
What will you be doing?
We currently have a great opportunity for a Spatial Planning Manager to join our 2020 RTPI award winning planning team to support Anglian Water as a leading infrastructure provider in spatial planning.
We cover one of the fastest growing areas of the country including the Oxford to Cambridge growth arc. The region is also the driest and one of the most vulnerable to the impacts of climate change. As an essential infrastructure provider, we are therefore vital to enabling this growth in a sustainable manner. We cannot achieve this alone; sharing resources and building the evidence for plan making through strong partnerships is vital for success. To truly shape growth, we firmly believe we need to be proactive and create innovative approaches with local authorities, developers and communities to realise the ambition of creating water smart communities.
Reporting to the Strategic Growth and Infrastructure Manager you will be responsible for using the spatial planning system to represent Anglian Water’s role as an infrastructure provider and the interests of our customers. Through establishing and maintaining excellent working relationships with external stakeholders, and across the business, you will represent Anglian Water interests by effectively influencing nationally significant infrastructure proposals, the preparation of local planning policies, including coordinating our responses to local development document and neighbourhood plan consultations.
What does it take to be a Spatial Planning Manager?
- Educated to degree level in a planning related discipline, post graduate planning qualifications would be an advantage
- An understanding of the water sector and competition regulation would be desirable
- Proven Town and Country Planning expertise
- The ability to influence and build relationships with stakeholders at all levels
- Demonstrable experience in a commercial and customer environment
- The ability to work on your initiative
- Proven excellent all-round communication skills
- Proven to be a self-starter with the ability to work to tight deadlines and manage and prioritise workloads
- The ability to be strategic with the flexibility to adapt and challenge.
As a valued employee you will be entitled to:
- Bonus scheme
- Private health care
- Flexible working
- Competitive pension scheme – Anglian Water double-matches your contributions up to 6%
- 26 days annual leave rising with length of service
- Flexible benefits to support your wellbeing and lifestyle.
We are passionate and committed to the learning and development of our people making sure they have the right skills and knowledge to be successful and to help achieve their potential. We also take Health and Safety very seriously in everything that we do.