Blackpool Council offers an exciting opportunity to work in the UK’s most popular seaside resort, synonymous with seaside fun and entertainment, attracting more than 10 million visitors a year. Blackpool is also the main retail, public administration, cultural and service centre for the Fylde Coast, supporting a population of around 326,000.
Our offices are located in the heart of Blackpool Town Centre, which offers a full range of services with the famous Blackpool Tower and seafront just around the corner.
The Planning Strategy Team is seeking a talented individual who is passionate and committed to addressing the challenging regeneration issues facing the resort. You will have excellent time management and interpersonal skills and be responsible for a challenging workload providing the opportunity to widen your planning experience.
The right candidate will have significant post qualification experience in Local Plan policy development. Key responsibilities will include making a major contribution to the progression of the Blackpool Local Plan Part 2 – Site Allocations and Development Management Policies to adoption in 2021 and review of Part 1 – Core Strategy. The position also offers a great opportunity to be involved with a wide range of issues including neighbourhood planning; Minerals and Waste planning working jointly with Lancashire County Council and Blackburn with Darwen Council on the Joint Lancashire Minerals and Waste Local Plan Review; and providing planning advice to the Council’s Growth and Prosperity Team on major regeneration projects.
As well as the opportunity to help provide services to over 142,000 of our residents, from the moment you join us, you’ll receive a number of benefits, including:
- Generous annual leave allowance of 25, 27 or 31 days (excluding bank holidays) depending on continuous Local Govt and other qualifying service.
- Achievable work-life balance through a range of flexible working options.
- Maternity, paternity and adoption leave above the statutory minimum.
- Comprehensive training and development opportunities, including access to the e-learning site 'iPool'.
- Occupational sick pay scheme above the statutory minimum.
- Enrolment to the Local Government Pension Scheme (LGPS).
- Comprehensive health and well-being package including Occupational health support, free health MOT at corporate health events held throughout the year, free independent, face-to-face counselling and helpline, physiotherapy and more.
- A range of local and national discounts.
- A range of travel benefits, such as train season ticket, cycling schemes including, staff parking and more.
If you would like more information about this exciting opportunity, please contact the Head of Planning Strategy for an informal chat on 07827880570