Information and Monitoring Officer
- Are you a planning graduate with a flair for statistics?
- Would you like a role in shaping the planning policies of Richmond upon Thames and Wandsworth?
- Do you have strong analytical and data skills, and experience using GIS?
- If you answered yes, we want to hear from you!
We are looking for someone to assist in collating, producing and reporting on planning-related data, which plays a key role in the work of the Spatial and Transport Planning team.
You will assist in the preparation of evidence base studies and produce data to support the reviews of the Richmond and Wandsworth Local Plans and other planning policy projects. This will include monitoring housing delivery, affordable housing, land use and sustainability outcomes.
You will need to demonstrate accuracy in collating and using planning-related data, liaising closely with a wide range of officers to deliver accurate and timely research reports and respond to a variety of requests for information.
To find out more about the role, call Patrick Clearwater on 020 8871 6793.
The role would suit someone with:
- A degree-level qualification in town planning or other relevant subject
- Experience in Microsoft Excel, databases and GIS
- An understanding of current planning legislation, policy and guidance
- An eye for detail and excellent data analysis skills
You will be positive in your approach, proactive and have a commitment to achieving accurate and high quality information outputs.
Who We Are
Wandsworth is a thriving Inner London Borough on the southern banks of the River Thames that is steeped in a diverse history. The borough features landmarks such as the iconic Battersea Power Station, Ram Brewery and Clapham Junction Station, and is acknowledged for its famous green spaces such as Wandsworth and Clapham Commons, Putney Heath and the Grade II* listed Battersea Park.
Richmond is arguably London’s most attractive borough with the River Thames running for over 10 miles through the borough, linking Hampton Court Palace, Richmond and Twickenham town centres and Kew Gardens with London. Richmond boasts Royal Parks and open spaces, historic houses, vibrant town centres bursting with life, as well as being the home of English rugby.
We are positive and ambitious – when you join us, you’ll apply the same approach.
There has never been a more challenging – or rewarding – time to work for Richmond and Wandsworth.