Principal Planner - 1yr fixed contract!
We are offering an exciting opportunity for experienced planners to join a vibrant Development Management Team at a point in time when the Borough is making key changes! We’re on the hunt for a PRINCIPAL PLANNER on a ful time contract for one year
Key benefits include flexible working hours (including home working).
About the role
The London Authority is bringing forward an innovative growth programme delivered through its emerging new Local Plan. They are working closely with our public and private sector partners to deliver new growth opportunities in our towns and villages. The post will be a key appointment within Planning and Economic Development Service.
Joining the Service now you will have the opportunity to be involved in a wide range of projects, particularly including assisting with the delivery of strategic site release for housing and employment land delivery and dealing with major strategic site applications.
You will have a strong track record of working with private sector developers and public investors to deliver a mixed range of development opportunities, ideally set around a Green Belt environment.
- You will have the ability to think strategically, work collaboratively, with solid experience of working within multi-disciplinary project teams.
- You will have a Degree in planning or closely related discipline. In addition, the successful candidate will hold a higher post-graduate qualification accredited by the Royal Town Planning Institute (RTPI) with a good track record in planning.
Salary band: £41,618 – £45,780, pa inc.
The Principal Planner post is offered on a full time (36 hours per week), fixed term basis for one year
- Flexible working hours (including home working)
- 26 – 31 days annual leave (depending on the length of Local Government Service)
- Local government pension scheme
- Free car parking, free use of leisure facilities, cycle scheme, season ticket loans and access to a large staff roof garden
Located in NW London 13 miles from Central London and within the M25. They adjoin Greater London with excellent road and rail links making London and the Home Counties easily accessible.
The Council Offices are situated within Zone 6 and with a direct rail link into London Kings Cross St. Pancras.
The area is an internationally renowned centre for film and television production, home to BBC Elstree and Elstree Studios (a council owned asset).
Closing Date: TBD
Interviews: Will take place online on no fixed date, to be arranged with candidate as soon as is possible.
Due to the current situation regarding COVID-19 interview dates may be subject to change.
Hertsmere reserves the right to stop the search once the right candidate has been placed.
Want to hear more?
CVs will be considered as part of an application for this position. Suitable candidates will also need to complete an application form later in the process.
Apply for the role by submitting your CV below or for an informal and confidential discussion, please call Rob now on 0207 112 8586 or 07855 276123. Email enquiries can be sent to [email protected]
Please be assured, your CV and personal information remain 100% confidential – we will never share your details without your prior consent.