Senior/ Principal/ Associate Planners
Leeds (or Manchester, York, Newcastle and Chesterfield)
Our Town Planning Practice is recruiting experienced Senior/ Principal/ Associate Town Planners in our busy Environment and Sustainability business, which includes Town Planning, EIA and environmental assessment disciplines. The base office would ideally be Leeds, but Manchester, York, Newcastle or Chesterfield would be considered for the right candidate.
AECOM is a top ten UK Planning consultancy by size, employing around 70 Chartered or Licentiate Planners, practicing in all areas of the discipline. AECOM is also a worldwide leader in environmental and engineering consultancy and working as a planning consultant within AECOM means access to some of the most high profile and prestigious development projects in the UK, working with colleagues operating at the cutting edge of their disciplines as part of the largest UK environmental consultancy.
The Town Planning Practice has a successful track record of delivering a variety of projects alongside our engineering and environmental colleagues throughout the UK. With an exciting portfolio of high-profile infrastructure projects including some notable recent wins, we need to recruit a suitably experienced consultant to assist with this expanding workload.
You will be able to work on a range of prestigious infrastructure projects for our clients in the rail, road, power, water and waste management development sectors, as well as a range of regional / local developments.
You will be joining a great team; you will have an interesting and diverse workload and you will be given the opportunity to make the most of your abilities.
The appropriate level of technical expertise is required in order that the job responsibilities listed below can be carried out to the necessary standard.
- The management and successful delivery of major infrastructure projects, including project leadership through the consenting process.
- The management and successful delivery of planning applications and post-submission work.
- Collaborative working, managing programmes and coordinating multi-disciplinary teams.
- The management and development of the Planning Practice, including team management.
- Generating opportunities, producing high quality tender documents and winning new business.
- Providing planning advice to colleagues and clients including the application of permitted development rights.
- Monitoring and managing project budgets.
- Full Chartered Member of the Royal Town Planning Institute (RTPI) or an equivalent professional town planning organisation.
- Experience of promoting development under the Town & Country Planning Act 1990.
- Relevant environmental planning consultancy experience, including consenting infrastructure projects.
- Sound knowledge of UK planning policy and legislation and a working knowledge of Environmental Impact Assessment legislation.
- Technical and commercial project management and project leadership experience.
- The confidence and ability to provide clear, authoritative advice.
- Ability to work on own initiative and deliver high quality work to-programme and within budget.
- Experience of identifying, evaluating and managing planning risk.
- Experience of preparation of successful commercial tenders.
- Client focused with good interpersonal skills and collaborative working approach.
- Competent in the use of Microsoft Office including Excel, PowerPoint, Word and Project.
- The Development Consent Order regime under the Planning Act 2008.
- The Transport and Works Act 1992 consenting regime.
- Providing project leadership and direction as part of collaborative, multi-disciplinary teams on power, highways or rail.
- Identifying and evaluating alternative site and design options
- Management of Environment Impact Assessments
Helping our employees achieve a healthy work-life balance is important to us. If you join AECOM, as well as receiving a competitive salary, you’ll also be able to explore flexible working arrangements through our ‘Freedom to Grow’ way of working. Core benefits include company pension scheme, private medical insurance, life assurance and one paid annual professional institution membership fee. You can also choose from a wide range of flexible benefits to suit your lifestyle, including the ability buy and sell annual holidays.
You’ll also be able to give back to communities with up to two paid CSR days each year. Through our charity, The AECOM Foundation, you can volunteer to support children in developing countries or more locally based community and charity projects.
To apply please click on the 'Apply Button'