1 day left
Established in 1896, Knight Frank is the leading independent property consultancy in the UK offering agency and professional advice across Commercial, Residential and Rural sectors. Headquartered in London, Knight Frank has more than 13,000 people operating from over 400 offices across 58 countries.
We are an independent consultancy with a partnership culture that puts our clients first. We provide market-leading advice and transaction support to investors, corporates and homeowners for their personal and business property needs. We back this up with industry-leading technology and market research.
Knight Frank Planning operates from offices in London and Bristol. We are expanding our London Planning Team currently comprising 12 planning professionals led by Head of Planning, Stuart Baillie and four market leading Partners. We plan to expand this team to 30 professionals over the next couple of years as Knight Frank aims to become the pre-eminent Planning Consultancy of choice within London and the South East.
The team is working on a broad range of projects including some of the largest mixed use and residential led schemes in the UK. We have a strong pipeline of projects in residential, tall buildings, business parks, student, strategic land / site promotions.
This is an fantastic opportunity to join the expanding London team and help drive its future growth. We are looking for extremely high calibre, motivated individuals who have a strong track record in the delivery of planning projects. We are particularly interested in hearing from candidates with experience in one or more of the following growth sectors: Build to Rent, Senior Living and Logistics.
We are looking to fill a number of growth vacancies at Planner, Senior Planner, Principal Planner, Associate and Partner grades.
A Principal Planner within the Knight Frank Planning Team, working on the on-going delivery of client projects in a fast moving, client focussed commercial environment. The candidate will be highly motivated and charted planner (MRTPI), with typically at four to six years post qualification experience. In their current role, the candidate will deliver a wide range of projects, and demonstrate the highest quality of client care.
Your main responsibilities will include:
- Providing planning consultancy services to a range of public and private sector clients.
- Working with senior colleagues to manage planning projects to a high standard. This will involve day-to-day responsibility for planning applications, site promotions and planning appeals.
- Contributing to the profitability of the Knight Frank Planning Team.
- Demonstrating the ability to generate business through effective client management.
- Supporting wider business development activities to help achieve business targets and objectives.
- Carrying out business development activities including drafting proposals, tenders, meeting potential and existing clients.
- Undertaking and working on thought leadership initiatives.
- Being a highly motivated, positive role model and providing planning advice to colleagues and clients.
Particular Aptitudes/Skills required:
- Excellent technical knowledge and experience of Town & Country Planning regulations in both planning policy and development management.
- Be capable of setting out coherent planning strategies and fee proposals.
- The ability to manage internal and external project teams on behalf of clients.
- Be regarded highly by more junior colleagues, and able to support Graduate Planners, Planners and Senior Planners, including mentoring, where appropriate.
- Commercial awareness and the ability to work on own initiative.
- Excellent standards of verbal and written communication which has gained the confidence of senior colleagues and clients.
- The development and sustaining of meaningful client relationships resulting in business generation.
- The ability to secure repeat business through effective and efficient client management.
- Taking a significant role in winning instructions for the Knight Frank Planning Team, and wider business.
- Good personal management skills with a well organised approach to their work and is seen as efficient both within the office and externally by clients.
- A good work ethic including high motivation and energy levels.
- Confidence and capability in contributing to decision making both internally and externally.
- Positive interaction with support staff and works with them in a professional and courteous manner at all times.