We are looking for a Planner / Graduate Planner for our Planning and Development business line to be based in Edinburgh for a 12 month FTC.
We’re JLL. We’re a professional services and investment management firm specializing in real estate. We help organizations around the world achieve their ambitions by owning, occupying and investing in real estate.
If you’re looking to step up your career, JLL is the perfect professional home. At JLL, you’ll have a chance to innovate with the world’s leading businesses, put that expertise into action on landmark projects, and work on game-changing real estate initiatives. You’ll also make long-lasting professional connections through sharing different perspectives, and you’ll be inspired by the best. We’re focused on opportunity and want to help you make the most of yours. Achieve your ambitions – join us at JLL!
We are looking for a Planner for our Planning and Development business line to be based in Edinburgh. The planner will be part of our Scottish Planning and Development team and will be expected to deal with a variety of instructions and clients as well as identify new business opportunities.
What this job involves
- Preparation of planning appraisals for land, buildings and concepts.
- Undertake research and analysis.
- Preparation of planning applications, including planning statements.
- Writing reports, interpreting data and making recommendations.
- Contributing to the preparation/editing of Design & Access statements and other planning supporting documents.
- Liaising and negotiating with planning officers, employees of consultee organisations, third parties..
- Developing creative and original solutions to satisfy all parties.
- Ensuring compliance with local planning regulations.
- Maintaining an awareness of market conditions and the impact of government policies..
Sound like you? To apply you need to be / have:
- MRTPI or MRICS qualification (with relevant planning experience)
- Detailed knowledge of the UK town planning and governmental systems
- Strong verbal, numerical and report writing skills
- Excellent organisational skills – prioritising and working to deadlines.
- Comprehensive knowledge of Microsoft Office, including Word, PowerPoint and Excel.
Every day is different, and in all these activities, we’d encourage you to show your ingenuity.
Diversity and Inclusion is at the heart of JLL. We believe in recruiting, retaining, rewarding and developing all our employees with regard to their abilities and contributions and without reference to their background, gender, gender identity, ethnic origin, age, religion, sexual orientation, political belief, disability or long-term health condition.
We are committed to making all stages of our recruitment process and employment accessible to candidates with disabilities and long-term health conditions. Please do feel able to be open about this at any point during the process and our recruitment team will work with you to establish the most appropriate adjustments. We are keen to support all our employees with juggling their work, personal and family commitments and alongside our approach to flexible working, we have a comprehensive parental transition support programme to assist parents during the early months and years of parenthood.
JLL Ltd is a Living Wage accredited business, as we believe a fair day’s work deserves a fair days’ pay. To find out more about our Living Wage accreditation please go here http://www.jll.co.uk/united-kingdom/en-gb/about/living-wage?devicechannel=default
What you can expect from us
You’ll join an entrepreneurial, inclusive culture. One where we succeed together – across the desk and around the globe. Where like-minded people work naturally together to achieve great things.
Our Total Rewards program reflects our commitment to helping you achieve your ambitions in career, recognition, wellbeing, benefits and pay. Join us to develop your strengths and enjoy a fulfilling career full of varied experiences. Keep those ambitions in sights and imagine where JLL can take you...