Assistant Director of Planning
At ease with planning for growth, passionate about protecting our valued environment and heritage assets and looking for an exciting opportunity? Raise your hand if this describes you.
South Kesteven is a district full of promise and potential at the heart of England, with a rich and diverse mix of businesses across historic towns and rural areas. Strategically located beside the A1 and the East Coast mainline, we have excellent transport links to major cities, an extensive natural environment and built heritage assets. Our vision is to be the best District in which to live, work and visit.
The post of Assistant Director of Planning has been newly created, just for you. Reporting to our Director for Growth and Culture, you will be nurturing a dedicated team covering: Development Management, Planning Policy, Conservation, Enforcement and Urban Design. As a qualified Town Planner with leadership experience, you will possess an in-depth knowledge of both planning legislation and bringing forward major regeneration projects.
Fear not. You’ll not be starting from scratch. We have recently:
- Published our three-year Corporate Plan setting out how we intend to create the right conditions for sustainable and dynamic growth.
- Adopted the Local Plan setting out where homes should and shouldn’t be built, dictating development until 2036.
- Recruited a Director of Growth and Culture to make sure growth helps local people, whether that’s through employment, housing or leisure.
- Seen work begin on the Grantham Designer Outlet Village, which is expected to bring in £125m investment and 1,500 jobs.
- Installed car charging points in Grantham, Stamford and Market Deeping, and secured, in principle, over £5.5 million to regenerate Grantham town centre.
- Been allocated over £125k through the Welcome Back Fund for our High Street’s in: Bourne, the Deepings, Grantham and Stamford.
- Undertaken a review of the planning service, supported by Steve Quartermain, former Chief Planner for MHCLG as part of an expert team from Cratus - in which we are looking forward to your help in implementing the recommendations.
We are committed to being an inclusive employer and care deeply for our employees inside and outside the workplace by providing a variety of benefits, such as:
- A generous local government pension scheme.
- Opportunities to progress and develop your career and skillset.
- Access to a range of health and well-being activities.
- Agile working, including flexible hours and opportunities to work from home.
- Generous 25 days leave entitlement (rising to 30 days after 5 years' service) plus bank holidays, coupled with the opportunity to purchase additional annual leave.
- Travel season ticket loan and a variety of other staff/family friendly benefits and discounts.
- Payment of Royal Town Planning Institute (RTPI) professional membership fee.
- Relocation package.
Interested in adding to our culture?
To arrange an informal chat please contact Jeff Upton – [email protected]