Brecon Beacons National Park Authority protects the natural beauty, wildlife and cultural heritage of Brecon Beacons National Park.
We are currently looking for a Senior Planning Officer to join us on a full-time basis.
- Salary of £24,491 - £32,234 per annum
- Offices based in one of the UK’s most beautiful sites
- 22 days’ holiday per annum (rising to 25 days’ after five years’) plus eight public holidays and two extra statutory days
- Help to protect an amazing landscape so it can be enjoyed for generations to come
As the Senior Planning Officer, you will manage and deliver a range of development management casework.
Reporting to the Principal Planning Officer, you will handle all forms of planning and related applications, including conservation area consent and listed building consent applications.
Additionally, you will:
- Carry out initial assessment site inspections
- Supervise consultations, the preparation of draft reports and the presentation of non-delegated applications and other development control related matters
- Handle preliminary development enquiries
- Negotiate with agents, developers and statutory bodies regarding applications
To join us as a Senior Planning Officer, you will need:
- Knowledge of planning policy, related legislation and procedures
- Good communication, interpersonal and report writing skills
- A recognised qualification, degree or equivalent in Town and Country Planning or a related discipline
- The ability to work well under pressure and effectively prioritise your workload
Other organisations may call this role Senior Planning Enforcement Officer, Senior Development Management Officer, Senior Planning Compliance Officer, or Planning Officer.
The closing date for applications is the 12th April 2021. Interviews are scheduled to be held on the 28th April 2021.
So, if you’re seeking your next step as a Senior Planning Officer, please apply via the button shown. This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.