Principal Planning Officers
Principal Planning Officers - Two posts available
Section – Development Management
Salary Band – 4a - Annual Salary – £37,890 per annum + car user allowance
What’s the job?
This role will support the Planning Development Manager with responsibility for overseeing one of the three area teams within the development management function.
It involves dealing with a wide range of planning applications and appeals including attending Planning Committees and representing the authority at hearings and inquiries.
The role will also include providing advice at pre-application stage on draft development proposals, providing specialist technical advice to Elected Members, managers and staff on the service specialism, and managing staff within the service.
Who are we looking for?
You will have:
- A degree in Planning (or a closely related subject) and be eligible for full membership of the relevant professional body.
- Experience of development delivery issues.
- Development management experience at senior level (in either the public or private sectors), including working on significant and complex planning applications.
- Experience of major development projects.
- Experience of land use planning in the public or private sectors.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
It would also be desirable that you have supervisory experience as you will be responsible for managing staff.
If you are interested in this role and would like to know more, please contact Ruth Hardingham (Planning Development Manager) on 01757 705101 or by emailing [email protected]
How to apply
To apply for this vacancy, please email your CV and a covering letter to [email protected] by midnight on Sunday 25 April 2021.
A copy of the job description can be obtained from www.selby.gov.uk
Applications for job share or part-time working will be considered sympathetically. Please indicate in your covering letter if you are applying on this basis.
Strictly no employment agencies.
Selby District Council is an equal opportunities employer.