Green Infrastructure & Planning Officer
The National Forest Company (NFC) is leading the creation of a restored forest landscape in the heart of the Midlands, an area left scarred by years of coal mining and heavy industry.
Since 1995, we’ve been creating a forest on a scale not seen in England for 1,000 years and so far we’ve planted nearly 9 million trees across 200 square miles across parts of Leicestershire, Derbyshire and Staffordshire. And we aren’t finished yet…
We’re now looking for a Green Infrastructure & Planning Officer to join our Environmental Team, working on a full or part time basis.
- Salary range of £29,179 – £32,160 per annum (pro rata for part time)
- Choice of public sector pension schemes
- Staff bonuses
- 30 days’ annual leave and 10.5 public and privilege holidays (pro rata for part time)
- Learning and development opportunities
- Employee assistance programme
- Flexible working options
This is an exceptional opportunity for an environmental planning professional to support our work and the future of the National Forest in an engaging and varied role.
With more than 25 years of successful forestry management experience under our belts, we are looking to the future and the expansion of the National Forest as well as how we can ensure it is a successful enterprise.
So, if you are excited about helping us continue to make a difference and could thrive as part of one of the boldest environmental regeneration projects in the UK, we’re waiting to hear from you.
As the Green Infrastructure & Planning Officer, you will play an important role in helping to develop strategic planning approaches that will support the National Forest.
Specifically, you will work to increase urban canopy cover and promote sustainable design and development. You will resolve planning matters relating to land acquisition, as well as the establishment and use of sites.
Reporting to the Green Infrastructure and Planning Manager, you will work with six local planning authorities to ensure appropriate local planning policies are in place.
You will also:
- Produce, update and promote planning guidance and documentation
- Monitor and assess planning applications
- Lead on securing financial contributions in lieu of on-site planting
- Provide planning advice for potential land acquisition
- Advise and secure necessary planning permission or consent for works
To be considered as the Green Infrastructure & Planning Officer, you will need:
- Previous experience of working in a planning environment, influencing development plans and/or planning applications to secure green infrastructure
- Broad knowledge of green infrastructure principles, biodiversity net gain, trees and woodland creation and sustainable design
- Experience of liaising with a range of partners including planners, developers, agents, landowners and environmental bodies
- A postgraduate degree in planning
- To be a member of the Chartered Institute of Planners (or have a willingness to work towards this)
- Excellent IT skills including MS Office
- A full, valid driving licence
Knowledge of The National Forest would be beneficial to your application. Previous project management experience would also be desirable, as would solid administration skills.
Please note, we will consider both full-time and part-time applicants for this role. Part time applicants must be willing to working a minimum of 22.5 hours per week, full time hours will be 37 hours per week. Please state your preferred weekly hours on your application.
Other organisations may call this role Planning Officer, Environmental Planning Officer, Rural Planning Officer, Conservation Planning Officer, Town Planner, Rural Planner, Area Planning Officer, or Planning Services Officer.
The closing date for this role is the 10th May 2021.
Webrecruit and the National Forest Company are equal opportunities employers, value diversity and are strongly committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all employees and all applicants for employment. Equal opportunities are the only acceptable way to conduct business and we believe that the more inclusive our environments are, the better our work will be.
So, if you’re seeking your next challenge as the Green Infrastructure & Planning Officer, please apply via the button shown. This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.