Portfolio Planner - Home Based
We’re supporting our clients as they adapt to a new world in the wake of COVID-19. We’re now recruiting for roles which will help our clients to deliver vital services and to resume business wherever possible.
The purpose of the Division Planning Lead is the in house divisional expert on all aspects of planning to set the standards and increase the maturity of the organisation.
Portfolio Planner - Home Based
Help us strengthen our PMO team as a divisional 'Portfolio Planner ' for Capita Software
Location - This role can be remote -based with flexibility to travel to other sites when required.
Exciting opportunity to be at the heart of one of the top Software Houses in the UK supporting a dynamic and high value portfolio of projects. This role is key in ensuring that projects in Software are delivered to time, cost and quality through implementation of planning standards, supporting capability coupled with robust data based analysis and reporting. This role sits in the Capita Software CTO team supporting delivery of our key client and product investment projects drawing on appropriate standards, best practice and tools to support achievement of benefits across Capita Software
You will develop and maintain oversight of the Software portfolio from a planning perspective. Support the development and maintenance of effective planning across all software projects with focus on top 30% totalling over £100m in value. Help identify and manage the impact of delivery issues and changes on the portfolio. Promulgate good planning practices. Provide consolidated analysis and reporting to support delivery of the portfolio and constituent projects across Capita Software.
What you’ll be doing:
• In house Divisional Expert on all aspects of project and portfolio planning.
• Develop and implement planning standards for all projects in software.
• Measure and report on progress against quality and project execution standards.
• Report to the Software Division Portfolio Board and Executives on progress against plans, including in depth analysis using industry standard methods including EVA, ESA.
• Maintain oversight and periodic reports on all Software Portfolio plans, including analysis of adherence to standards and overall measures of performance.
• Provide guidance and coaching on key planning skills and capabilities across the Division.
• Provide support, guidance and advice on the effective use of planning tools and techniques and be recognized as an SME for planning within the business.
• Identify areas of high risk within the Software Project Portfolio; develop and manage appropriate mitigation actions.
• Compile management reports, including associated metrics and added-value narratives, interpretations and recommendations, to support Board meetings and senior management reviews.
What we’re looking for:
- Division Planning Lead is the in house divisional expert on all aspects of project and portfolio planning.
- Develop and implement planning standards for all projects in software.
- Measure and report on adoption against those standards.
- Provide guidance and coaching on key planning skills and capabilities across the Division.
- Champion the use of Project Planning tools, particularly MS Project, Project OnLine.
- Foster community of planning experts (Super Users).
- MSP Practitioner, MOP or APM Practitioner
- Extensive & wide-ranging job experience in PPM and transformation including working with Agile teams
- Advanced User of the Microsoft Office Suite of Tools, including MS Project
Desirable - Experience using Product Management and/or road mapping software such as Aha! or similar
PPM, Portfolio Planner, Portfolio PMO Planning , Divisional Portfolio Planner
About Capita Software
At Capita Software, we’re creating modern and intuitive software and solutions which help organisations to find better ways of working, reduce costs and keep their customers happy. We’re one of the UK’s largest software companies, working across both the public and private sector, from education to local government, the emergency services to the health sector and utilities. Our teams are empowering energy companies to deliver electricity to 35 million homes every day and keeping the UK rail network moving for its customers. Join us and discover better as you shape the future of software.
What’s in it for you?
- A competitive basic salary
- 23 days’ holiday (rising to 27) with the opportunity to buy extra leave
- The opportunity to take a paid day out of the office, volunteering for our charity partners or a cause of your choice
- Company matched pension, life assurance, a cycle2work scheme, 15 weeks’ fully paid maternity, adoption and shared parental leave, paternity pay of two weeks…and plenty more
- Voluntary benefits designed to suit your lifestyle – from discounts on retail and socialising, to health & wellbeing, travel and technology
- Access to our Employee Network Groups, which represent every strand of diversity and allow colleagues to connect and learn from each other on an open, inclusive platform
You’ll get the chance to follow your chosen career path anywhere in Capita. You’ll be joining a network of 63,000 experienced, innovative and dedicated individuals across multiple disciplines and sectors. There are countless opportunities to learn new skills and develop in your career, and we’ll provide the support you need to do just that. Our purpose is to create a better outcome for you.
What we hope you’ll do next:
Choose ‘Apply now’ to fill out our short application, so that we can find out more about you.
We’re an equal opportunity employer, which means we’ll consider all suitably qualified applicants regardless of gender identity or expression, ethnic origin, nationality, religion or beliefs, age, sexual orientation, disability status or any other protected characteristic. We recruit and develop our people based on merit and their passion for creating better outcomes, and we’re committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
All interviews, assessments and background checks will continue to take place online, to completely remove the need for face-to-face contact. All Capita colleagues who can work from home should do so; and where it is not possible for colleagues to work remotely, we have taken important steps to protect those working from Capita’s offices. Social distancing, enhanced hygiene and safety measures are already in place at all Capita locations that are open to protect our colleagues and manage the risk of COVID-19. The welfare of our people is of paramount importance to us, and we’re doing everything we can to keep our colleagues and customers safe during this time.