We have an exciting opportunity for a Project Planner to join our Pipeline Group (PG) team on a full time, permanent basis based at our Glasgow office.
The Project Planner will form part of the PG Planning team and will report functionally to the PG Controls Lead. They shall ensure all systems, processes and reporting requirements for both internal and external stakeholders are attained by adherence to Subsea 7 planning procedures and processes. They will also be responsible for implementing, maintaining and follow-up of planning activities within the PG Project portfolio, including schedule analysis.
The Pipeline Group is a Service Provider to the Business within Offshore Resources and our mission is to tender and execute all rigid pipelines packages carried out using Subsea7 spoolbases, bundle yard and the Global Enabling Rigid Pipelay Vessels, Seven Antares, Seven Borealis, Seven Oceans and Seven Navica. The Pipeline Group combines the capabilities of PPT, PTAG, Installation Engineering and vessel management consolidating expertise and knowledge in the areas of pipelay operations and engineering, materials, welding, coatings and lay analysis.
At Subsea 7, we take pride in being recognised globally as a leader across the Energy Industry. For 5 decades our people have delivered over 1,000 projects in all water depths across our energy hubs and we continue to do so, adapting and evolving in an ever-changing world. Our sustainability and ongoing success are only possible through innovation, collaboration and the development and diversity of our people, assets, and technology.
By joining Subsea 7, you become part of a team of people who everyday ‘Make Incredible Things Happen’.
Subsea 7 are committed to creating a diverse workforce and we look to offer excellent career opportunities as well providing a wide range benefits and a flexible working environment.
- Development and maintenance of a Baseline schedule in MSP for PG Projects, where necessary, including agreed S-curves, progress and reporting formats.
- Implementation of sub-contractor and establishment of reporting routines and progress follow up.
- Responsible for the timely updates of schedules and issue of reports to relevant disciplines, management and Client.
- Responsible for performing baseline revisions, and where applicable apply scheduling and planning techniques to analyse results.
- Analyse planning data and modify as required to achieve imposed targets through analysis and/or resource limited scheduling.
- Liaise with Package Managers and project teams to report any consequences / changes related to planned progress or clash identification.
- Assist in the continued development of an MSP based PG Integrated Schedule
- Development and maintenance of data summary dashboards, to include such information as progress, critical path status, deviation affect, etc.
- Operate within the Business Code of Conduct.
- Operate according to Subsea 7’s Management Principles.
- Contribute to internal initiatives and development of PG Planning and Controls.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Project.
- Knowledge of Primavera P6 an advantage, although not essential.
- Applicable Work Experience.
- Planning experience, preferably in the Oil & Gas, although not essential.
- Construction Planning Experience would be preferable.
- Proficient in Microsoft Packages Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Possess the ability to work well within a diverse team.
- Capable of interfacing effectively with peers and senior management.
- Must have a pro-active work ethic, while able to plan and prioritise workload.
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy.