At Tarmac, ‘who you are’ matters. We want to get to know you. If you share our values and are proud of a job well done, collaborative in working well with others and ambitious to make things better, then have a read of what we have on offer.
We are currently looking for a Transport Planner to join our friendly team based in Aberthaw Cement Plant, Barry, South Wales. Here at Tarmac, we are working hard to create a dynamic and inclusive environment and it’s important that our people come from a variety of different backgrounds.
Reporting to the Transport Supervisor, you will be primarily responsible for working with a team to plan the distribution of materials and regional orders in the most cost-effective manner whilst delivering optimal volumes.
- Liaise and coordinate on a daily basis with our customers, to deliver high levels of service, working closely with our own drivers, third party transport contractors and operational staff
- Order taking and cement delivery management to a wide range of customers within the region
- Maintaining available stock at all non-source locations by arranging stock transfer movements
- Efficient scheduling of own fleet vehicles, maximising driver hours availability, to meet agreed KPI targets, whilst maintaining legal and operational compliance
- Effective allocation of orders to third party transport partners
- To stand in for Transport supervisor as and when required
The Ideal Candidate
The ideal candidate will be able to demonstrate previous experience working within a Transport Planning environment with a thorough knowledge of the road haulage industry.
Skills that are essential is to be highly organised and ability to multi-task. Having the ability to think on your feet and excellent communication skills will also stand you in good stead along with the ability to influence and negotiate with our haulage community to reach the end goal.
This is an excellent opportunity for the right candidate wishing to develop their professional experience in the field of operational management.
We offer an extensive range of career development opportunities and industry-leading rewards, incentives and benefits.
Some of the range of benefits on offer to employees include:
Enhanced holiday entitlement
Contributory pension scheme
Access to the Tarmac Reward website with discounts on retailers, holidays, etc.
Access to our Employee Assistance helpline for free and confidential advice.
Training and development opportunities
Interested? Why not click here to find out more? Go on… are you ready to build your future?