LEAD OFFICER (DEVELOPMENT MANAGEMENT)
We are looking for a customer focussed experienced professional to join our busy Development Management team, dedicated to looking after the exceptional and stunning environment of North Devon - made up of its coastline, moors and historic urban and rural settlements centred on the UNESCO Biosphere Reserve of Braunton Burrows, whilst ensuring that development is of the highest quality. The area provides an outstanding quality of life for its residents and a positive working environment in which you will find an ideal work life balance.
You will be involved in:
- Contributing to the growth of North Devon and the delivery of an ambitious Local Plan
- Dealing with major development proposals as well as a range of application types
- Informing and guiding development from the outset as part of our pre-application service
- Meeting tight deadlines and mentoring other Team Members to do the same
You will need to demonstrate that you:
- Have a degree in Town Planning (or equivalent)
- Are a corporate Member of Royal Town Planning Institute
- Have at least five years of experience in all aspects of development control and a sound knowledge of Planning legislation and Government policy
- Have experience of managing professional staff
- Are an excellent negotiator and have experience of giving presentations / answering questions on the subject, as well as experience of writing clear, concise, open and transparent reports which justify recommendations or decisions
- Have the ability to deal diplomatically with politically sensitive planning issues
- Are able to motivate and develop staff
- Look to make continuous improvement in processes and be open to change
Closing date for applications: 21 May 2021 (noon)
Interview date: 4 June 2021
For an application pack visit www.northdevon.gov.uk or call 01271 388353, quoting reference LO
If you have not heard by the interview date, please assume that you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.
In return we offer a supportive environment in an organisation with flexible working hours and a career average salary pension scheme.
North Devon Council believes in valuing diversity and is committed to equal opportunities.