Project Lead (Site Promotion and Planning Policy)
Gladman are a well-respected and established strategic land promoter based in Congleton, Cheshire. We believe in using our expertise to partner with landowners to help them to realise the true potential of their land through its development for residential or residential led mixed-use development.
We are recruiting for a Project Lead with Site Promotion and Planning Policy experience to join our wider in-house team of planning professionals. We are looking for an enthusiastic and dedicated person who will fit in with our collaborative culture.
As the Project Lead, you will lead an existing team who are instrumental in developing the land assets of the business and maximising the planning prospects of the land it promotes.
Your focus will be the promotion of sites within the company land portfolio achieved by engagement with Local Authorities and by researching the potential planning opportunities within relevant areas. The Project Lead role also involves overseeing and preparing representations into planning policy consultations as well as giving evidence at Local Plan examinations.
You will work closely with the Senior Planning Directors and Group Planning Director in responding to representations and promoting the portfolio of sites under promotion.
Leading and managing the small team responsible for developing the promotion land portfolio and responding to planning policy consultations
- Working with colleagues to ensure an integrated approach to site promotion and planning policy representations
- Preparing and giving evidence at EiPs
- Contributing to other areas of the business related to the development process, including planning applications, appeals, land-owner relationships and site searching
- Strategic planning experience gained in consultancy or a local planning authority and MRTPI or equivalent proven post qualification experience
- A strategic thinker, with the ability to view the bigger picture to achieve the best outcomes
- Clear understanding of planning policy at the local and national level with an understanding of how to effectively influence it
- Ability to build effective working relationships with wide range of people internally and externally
- Experience of managing people
- Excellent organisational skills, manages time, meets deadlines, works independently
- Ability to take wider leadership role on a policy area and apply critical judgement and challenge
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written)
- Problem identification and solving
You’ll join a friendly and dynamic company, where you’ll benefit from:
- A permanent contract, working full time hours, Monday to Friday
- Attractive salary in line with your current level of experience
- Flexible working options
- Career development opportunities
- Health insurance plan/wellbeing support
- Company pension scheme
- 26 days annual leave plus bank holidays
All applications for this Project Lead (Site Promotion and Planning Policy) vacancy are to be submitted online.
Meet Tori @ 'Careers Advice' theplannerjobs:
My name is Tori, and I joined the Gladman team in September 2018 as a business apprentice. At 20 years old, I am Gladman’s youngest employee and an aspiring town planner.
What is your background? / How did you come to work at Gladman?
'After completing A levels in Spanish, Maths and History, I decided to defer my unconditional offer to study at the University of Birmingham to join Gladman in their new business apprentice role.'
See more @ 'Careers Advice' on the theplannerjobs/or click on the supporting document in the job listing.