Strategic Planning Manager
The Peak District National Park Authority protects, enhances and shares the natural beauty, wildlife and cultural heritage of the Peak District. We also support the economic and social wellbeing of the communities in which we work.
As the UK’s first National Park, the Peak District has a rich history and has been shaped by the interaction of people and nature over thousands of years. The Park is enjoyed by millions each year looking for adventure, knowledge and a fantastic day out.
We’re currently looking for a Strategic Planning Manager to join us in Bakewell.
- Local government pension scheme
- Flexible working
- On-site parking
- Work from offices based in the heart of the National Park
- Benefit from stunning surroundings and views on a daily basis
This is an exciting opportunity for a minerals and waste planning professional with a great management style to drive the future strategy for minerals and waste development in the National Park.
The Peak District National Park is a treasured landscape that has been shaped by the long interaction of natural and cultural forces. You will play an important role in maintaining the balance between people and nature to ensure that the Park can be enjoyed for generations to come.
What’s more, as we are based between Manchester, Sheffield and Derby, this is the ideal opportunity if you’re looking to break away from city life and commute to the country (unless you are working from home!)
As a Strategic Planning Manager, you will be responsible for managing the Minerals Team, steering the future strategy for minerals and waste development.
You will provide strategic planning advice to the Head of Planning and the Authority in order to guide a range of major development proposals. These will principally relate to minerals sites and major transport infrastructure proposals.
Playing a key role in the overall management of the Planning Service, you will enable work to be carried out with government, national, sub-national bodies and constituent authorities. You will ensure that National Park purposes are promoted and defended at all levels.
Specifically, you will:
- Collate statutory performance data and provide reports to the Head of Planning
- Manage your team’s caseload, including prioritisation, delegation and collaboration
- Lead and inspire, reinforcing our values and behaviours
To join us as a Strategic Planning Manager, you will need:
- Significant experience of minerals and waste planning
- Experience in a development management role
- Previous experience of working with communities, statutory bodies and other stakeholder groups
- Experience of coaching, training and mentoring staff
- Knowledge of strategic transport issues (freight, public transport and the impact of private vehicle use)
- An understanding of sustainability and key environmental concepts
- Evidence of continuing professional development
- Excellent IT skills
Ideally, you will be educated to degree-level or equivalent in an appropriate
environment based subject. Membership of RTPI or another relevant organisation is desirable.
Other organisations may call this role Minerals Planning Manager, Minerals Planning Development Manager, Senior Rural Planner, Senior Planning Enforcement Officer, or Qualified Planner.
The closing date for this role is the 31st May 2021.
Please select the apply button shown to apply for this position. The job description and person specification will be available to download and review when you apply.
The Peak District National Park Authority is an equal opportunities employer, values diversity and is strongly committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all employees and all applicants for employment. Equal opportunities are the only acceptable way to conduct business and we believe that the more inclusive our environment is, the better our work will be.
This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.