Regeneration Projects Manager
This is an exciting opportunity to lead comprehensive town centre regeneration programmes, specifically for Kingswood town centre in South Gloucestershire. As a Regeneration Project Manager you'll make a difference by playing a role in developing and delivering the Council regeneration ambitions for place shaping.
This is a Fixed Term Contract until 31st March 2024
What will you be doing?
- The project includes an acquisition and redevelopment of property, the restoration of a Grade-I listed building and adjoining Conservation Area and perhaps most importantly for this role the complete transformation of the public realm of Kingswood High Street through a pedestrianised Regent Street (East). You may be asked to lead on or input into related or similar regeneration projects.
- In this role, you will manage these multiple projects alongside senior manager colleagues across the Council’s three directorates, plus partners and stakeholders within and around Kingswood.
- On a daily basis you’ll be responsible for setting out delivery programmes, working with the Council’s Masterplan Lead Officer, supporting architects, engineers and transport team.
- You will be the driving force for delivering project milestones and objectives and will take responsibility for the project reporting, accounting and audit both internally and with core funding partners.
What we need from you:
- You must be educated to degree level or equivalent and eligible for membership of a relevant professional institution.
- Being passionate for regeneration and redevelopment, you will demonstrate your skills and experience in the delivery of transformative programmes, particularly for town centre mixed use, for public realm development and for transport design and mitigation.
- It is essential you are an experienced and collaborative leader who can proactively engage multiple different partners, stakeholders and the general public, recognising that this will include challenge and re-evaluation as projects develop.
- We require you to be able to demonstrate your project management and organisational skills ensuring timely and efficient programme delivery, budget control and excellent awareness of monitoring and evaluation.
How a career at South Gloucestershire Council is different:
- What’s special here is the strength of the team ethos, the support and the training.
- We have invested in the technology and support to enable staff to work seamlessly from home so we can ensure we are keeping staff safe during Covid-19. For those staff who may need to work in the office we have also ensured that our offices and hubs are Covid secure; and have measures in place such as one way systems, socially distanced work stations and hand sanitizer stations throughout our premises.
- We recognise that our diverse team of skilled and dedicated people make us a great place to work. We welcome applications from everyone and ensure that individuals are selected, promoted and developed on the basis of their merits and abilities.
Our teams at South Gloucestershire Council are making a real difference to the lives of people who live, work and learn here.
- We're building and shaping communities which people are proud of.
- We're planning for the future; building and improving the roads, railways, schools, green spaces, and houses.
- We’re providing essential services across our communities to ensure they are safe and well maintained.
We've achieved a great deal, but we need talented and dedicated people to ensure we continue to make a difference.
We’re making a difference, be part of it!