Do you have what it takes to be a Principal Policy and Infrastructure Planner in a stunning coastal location?
Competitive salary of up to £47,745 per annum + benefits!
Always fancied being paid to live and work by the seaside? Do you strive to make a true difference to your own local community? Dover District Council are looking for a qualified town planner to join us in our friendly Planning Policy team.? This is a fantastic opportunity for a qualified planner to take their next step into a principal position within a forward thinking, innovative council. You will play a key part in preparing the new Local Plan and its supporting infrastructure delivery plan, ensuring that the right infrastructure and community services can be delivered to support the District’s ambitious plans for growth.
We are at a key stage in the Local Plan process working towards a regulation 19 submission draft. We are therefore seeking an experienced planning policy professional. This role requires an organised methodical individual, able to manage competing priorities, as well as somebody with the curiosity and tenacity to explore opportunities and think outside of the box.
In addition to a competitive salary of up to £47,745 you can expect the following benefits:
- Flexible working hours
- Opportunities to undertake further professional development
- 21 Days Leave + Bank Holidays + Christmas Closure + increasing holiday allowance to reflect the length of service.
- Private healthcare scheme
- Excellent local government pension scheme with the opportunity for staff make advanced voluntary contributions to top of their pension
- Relocation package for candidates outside of the area
- Excellent working environments, including flexibility around remote working
- Free onsite parking
- Confidential Employee Advice and Support Programme
- The opportunity to live and work within a seaside location that is bursting with heritage accompanied by a number of towns and rural villages that are all within easy reach of the coast. Other benefits of living in the district include the excellent transportation links to London and across the continent via High-speed Train.
This is an exciting time to join our team and to make a valuable contribution to the development, examination and subsequent adoption of the new Local Plan.
In order to be considered for this role it is essential that you have the following:
- A post-graduate degree in Town and Country Planning or equivalent and be a member, or eligible for membership, of the Royal Town Planning Institute.
- Experience at a senior level working within planning policy with a proven track record of delivery of successful outcomes.
- Ability to work with internal and external stakeholders to develop projects from conception through to delivery
For an informal, confidential discussion regarding this position please contact Ashley Taylor – Planning Policy and Projects Manager, Dover District Council 07926076110
Closing date: 13th June 2021
Interviews: w/c 28th June