Senior Development Obligations Officer
Our track record in planning and development has delivered a progressive approach to growth and economic investment, balanced with preserving the heritage and natural quality of the Borough. We are currently experiencing significant interest in investment across the Borough which is resulting in a range of planning applications being submitted many of which are accompanied by developer contributions.
The Borough Council is currently preparing a new Local Plan to replace the Local Development Framework (2007-10), which it hopes to adopt at the earliest opportunity.
This is a new post that will be located in the Planning Policy Team reporting to the Planning Policy Manager. The post holder will have line management responsibilities for the Development Obligations Officer.
What we are looking for:
The post holder will be responsible for monitoring development obligations, including Section 106 Agreements and ensure that these are delivered at the appropriate time by the relevant parties. The post holder will also be responsible for ensuring that the current monitoring tasks carried out by the Policy Team, for example, housing and commercial completions and the compilation of a Five Year Housing Land Supply and returns to the Government and County Council are maintained.
Other roles and responsibilities include:
- Providing professional advice to colleagues and liaising with developers and residents.
- You will have responsibility for ensuring the Council complies with legislative requirements in administering and monitoring S106 planning obligations.
- Providing support and advice to Development Management in matters related to the discharge of financial and non financial s106 obligations;
- To provide advice and manage enquiries on s106;
- Knowledge of up to date issues regarding the legislative, policy and procedural frameworks within which the planning service operates, in particular a sound knowledge of the CIL Regulations and s106 legislation.
- A working knowledge of IT systems relevant to the planning service (Excel, Uniform and GIS).
- Able to understand technical issues relevant to complex projects.
- Awareness and understanding of current planning issues.
- A full driver’s licence
How to apply
Please apply online. If this is not possible, please contact a member of the HR team by emailing [email protected]