How you'll make a difference
As a Senior Project Manager within a new regeneration team you will make a difference by playing a lead role in developing and delivering the Council regeneration ambitions for place shaping.
You will lead on one or more projects, initially these will be area based masterplans delivered by consultants with your guidance and oversight. This is an exciting new focus in South Gloucestershire and an opportunity to be part of a new team intent on making an impact and creating positive change within our communities.
This post is initially a 12 month limited term contract, with a view to extend subject to future funding.
What will you be doing?
- It will be your responsibility to manage and motivate staff from different teams both inside and outside the organisation to deliver projects to time and budget.
- You will regularly provide expert advice to customers (councillors, senior managers and stakeholders) on issues, risks and project progress.
- You will produce reports and analyse complex data so our customers receive accurate, up to date reports and data. It will be your responsibility to set targets, monitor performance and review potential changes to systems to ensure services and/or projects are delivered successfully.
- Working closely with suppliers and partners, you will negotiate and manage projects that meet business needs and service standards. You will be in consultation with customers, providing training and information sessions so understanding of the area of expertise is enhanced.
- You will maintain high quality and consistent services to customers ensuring that agreed standards are achieved across a wide range of services and Service Level Agreements if present, are adhered to. Ownership is taken for responding to and/or resolving queries, complaints and requests from initial contact with the customer.
- You will review and resolve any issues relating to budgets, financial information and resources for your area of specialism so that agreed targets are met and reports are prepared and delivered. Ensuring there is efficient use of Council resources, data is managed effectively and corrective action is taken when necessary and value for money is maximised.
- You will lead or support the activities of the Project Management Office and ensuring that monthly highlight reports are completed.
What we need from you
- You will have notable project management experience preferably working within regeneration.
- You must be educated to degree level or equivalent and hold the APM’s ‘Project Management’ qualification or equivalent with the capability to use and apply the APM methodologies both accurately and effectively. You will undertake and demonstrate Continuous Professional Development (CPD) to keep abreast of changes in working practice and legislation.
- You will be experienced in planning, managing and delivering projects within budget and to programme with the ability to analyse, prioritise and organise project programmes to meet deadlines.
- You will be confident and able to deliver presentations to internal and external customers and organisations.
- You will be experienced in working closely with other partners to agree delivery of cross-boundary schemes with the ability to work with Elected Members, stakeholder groups, local communities and voluntary organisations to achieve mutually supportive objectives.
- You will have the ability to problem solve in a multi-agency context, taking account of corporate policies and political impact in making decisions to provide sound expertise, advice and information to a range of customers.
How a career at South Gloucestershire Council is different
We value our staff as individuals, investing in their careers and we are recognised for the quality, breadth and depth of our training and development offer, which helps make the greatest long-term difference in work.
We trust our team to work in the way which allows them to make the biggest difference and we continue to invest in technology to help staff do their jobs to the best of their ability and celebrate innovation.
Our teams at South Gloucestershire Council are making a real difference to the lives of people who live, work and learn here.
- We're building and shaping communities which people are proud of.
- We're planning for the future; building and improving the roads, railways, schools, green spaces, and houses.
- We’re providing essential services across our communities to ensure they are safe and well maintained.
We've achieved a great deal, but we need talented and dedicated people to ensure we continue to make a difference.
We’re making a difference, be part of it!
For more information, please contact Helen Young, Strategic Masterplan Lead on email [email protected]
Interviews will take place on Tuesday 6th July 2021.