A successful independent town planning consultancy led by experts in handling high profile and challenging projects. The company, based in Central London, has a track record of successfully guiding clients through the complex UK planning system.
This is an exciting opportunity to join a friendly, busy and growing team of 28 within the operations side of the business. A pivotal and varied role with scope to develop skills and career. The team is looking for a bright, personable, vibrant and committed person to join during a period of growth. You will report to the Director of Operations and HR and support the Board of Directors and wider team across the business.
This is a heavily involved role, with scope for the right person to take on more responsibility over time.
The role is full time, 9am-6pm Monday to Friday with flexibility to work from home as the team phase a renovation and return to the office over the coming months.
- Assisting the Director of Operations and HR, Board and wider team in all areas of the business.
- Represent the company as the first point of contact.
- Maintaining smooth running of the office and assisting with operational issues.
- Facilitating phased office return with support of Director of Operations and HR
- Phone and reception duties, meeting room and building maintenance.
- Assist with ad-hoc administrative support, projects and duties as required.
- Liaising with all suppliers, order supplies.
- Extensive meeting and diary management.
- Event management and marketing support.
- Website and intranet management.
- Maintaining client and account databases.
- People operations support.
- Office systems administration.
- Degree or equivalent qualifications.
- Previous office experience is desirable.
- Numeracy and IT skills are essential.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, Adobe and Google Suite.
- Organisational skills – ability to prioritise
- Professional, courteous and self-motivated.
- Analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Careful attention to detail.
- Willingness to learn and happy to ‘pitch in’.
- The ability to work as part of a team.
- Committed to growing with the business and self-motivated.
- Strong verbal communication skills.
- Fluent verbal and written English essential
- Comfortable taking responsibility and working independently.
Package Remuneration and benefits:
- Competitive salary
- Discretionary bonus scheme
- 25 days holidays (increasing by 1 day after 3 years’ service up to a maximum of 28 days)
- Company pension 5%
- Private health care
- Employee Assistance Program
- Wellbeing/gym contribution
- Continued professional development
- Professional subscriptions
- Flexible working
If you are interested in this job, please apply now, alternatively you can call me for an informal discussion about it - 07894229847
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new job in Planning, please do send your CV to me (CJ Obi) – [email protected]