TNEI is a specialist, vibrant consulting company that has been at the forefront of providing expert technical advice to electricity network companies, renewable energy developers, regulators and funding institutions for more than 20 years. By nurturing the top talent in the energy industry we’ve built a solid reputation for developing innovative solutions and solving complex problems associated with achieving net zero. We offer a supportive, fast-paced learning environment with excellent career progression opportunities. This is a great opportunity to join a small but growing team of like-minded professionals and become part of the net zero energy revolution.
We are looking for a full-time Environmental Planner with experience in the consenting of energy or infrastructure projects (either public or private) to join our Environment and Engineering Team. The role involves working on all aspects of the development of renewable energy schemes throughout the UK with added responsibility for gaining access to new projects and clients, as appropriate.
The Environmental and Engineering Team assists developers in taking energy projects from conceptual ideas to buildable assets and the role would suit a town planner or environmental specialist looking for a position at either consultant (typically 2 years plus of experience) or senior consultant (typically 5 years plus of experience) level.
We actively encourage staff development through structured on the job training and support.
Duties and responsibilities will include:
- Undertaking feasibility studies;
- Figure production and GIS analysis;
- Site visits;
- Providing project planning support and advice;
- Coordinating EIAs and managing EIA teams;
- Preparing or technically reviewing environmental reporting and input into EIAs;
- Preparing and submitting planning applications and supporting documents;
- Proposal production and some business development activity, depending on experience;
- Liaison with project stakeholders including statutory consultees and local communities;
- Providing technical support and advice to other teams within TNEI; and
- Supporting due diligence reviews on behalf of lenders, vendors and investors.
Essential requirements include:
- A degree in a relevant discipline;
- Membership of a relevant professional body (e.g. RTPI, IEMA) (or for consultant level, working towards this);
- A drive to deliver high quality work;
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills;
- Adaptability and problem-solving abilities;
- Well developed project management and organisational skills;
- A passion to be involved in consultancy work specialising in renewable energy and associated projects;
- A team focus and proven ability to work collaboratively;
- Post graduate qualifications in a relevant discipline;
- A full UK driver’s licence;
- Experience in development of energy related projects, especially wind or solar energy developments;
- An understanding of the challenges around the energy transition and achieving net zero targets; and
- An understanding of consultancy along with current market conditions and opportunities.
Newcastle Upon Tyne or Glasgow.
The role will include site visits and meetings throughout the UK and some travel between our UK offices as required. Overnight stays will occasionally be necessary.
WHY SHOULD YOU APPLY?
- Excellent professional and personal development opportunities.
- A flexible approach to working subject to business needs and requirements.
- Discretionary annual performance-based bonus.
- Company contributory pension scheme.
- Support towards achieving professional qualifications.
- CPD and training opportunities and support.
- Cycle to work scheme.
- 25 days annual leave.
- Paid professional subscriptions.
Competitive and based on experience.
HOW TO APPLY
Please send your CV and cover letter explaining why you are suitable for the role, and any previous experience to [email protected].
Applications will close on 23rd July 2021 with interviews taking place the week commencing 9th August 2021.
EQUALITY, DIVERSITY AND INCLUSION
TNEI promotes equal opportunities and supports suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, pregnancy or maternity/paternity.
NEED SOME ADVICE?
Contact us today to see how we can assist your energy project.