Head of Development Management (Joint Head)
Two year fixed term contract
HOS2 - £59,733 - £77,301 pa
An exciting opportunity to join Enfield Planning Service as a Head of Development Management.
The successful candidate will work alongside the existing Head of Development Management, the Head of Planning and the wider team to help deliver an exciting programme of service transformation alongside assisting manage the service and its pipeline of projects and cases.
This fixed term role will work with the existing Head of Development Management to manage the busy Planning Decisions; Planning Enforcement; Building Control; Land Charges and Operational Support teams within the wider Planning Service.
Enfield has an ambitious emerging Local Plan – planning for 25000 new homes up to 2039 – and a pipeline of major projects already progressing through the planning system including the Meridian Water regeneration project and a number of estate renewal and Council housing projects. The Development Management Service has a central role in helping deliver the Council’s ambitious growth agenda and the successful candidate will work with the team to build on existing strengths and help implement and embed a service transformation programme.
You will be joining an ambitious, talented and hard working team and will enjoy engaging in a challenging but rewarding workload.
The successful candidate will have a collaborative, positive and proactive approach to planning; a clear and effective approach to project and people management and a desire to get things done.
This is a two year fixed term contract and we are open to applications for secondments.
Why it's great to work for Enfield Council.
- An excellent pension through the Local Government Pension Scheme (LGPS).
- A blend of remote and office based working for most roles.
- Up to 31 days annual leave depending on grade and length of service. You will also get eight public holidays per year and an extra day off at Christmas.
- Interest free season ticket loan repayable over three or ten months.
- Career development and learning experiences from a range of training courses and learning methods.
- Employee Assistance Programme to provide advice and counselling services. This is a free and confidential service available to staff and members of their family.
- Health and leisure discounts and tax-free bikes for work.
We are passionate about our people and how we deliver services to our community in Enfield. That’s why we encourage a culture that puts our customers at the heart of everything we do - by empowering our people to work together to find solutions, be open, honest and respectful, take responsibility and listen and learn. If you value these behaviours too, we’d love to hear from you - and of course we are always happy to talk flexible working.
Closing Date - 23:59 on Thursday 5th August 2021
To apply please click on the 'Apply Button'
This role requires that you upload 2 documents.
• A supporting statement addressing how you meet the requirements of the job description and person specification.
• Your CV.
Your supporting statement should be around 2 pages in A4 format.
If you have any difficulties accessing this information, please contact Claire Turner, Senior Recruitment Consultant on 0208 132 1024 or [email protected]
For an informal discussion about the role please contact our Head of Planning [email protected]
To find out more please visit