Contract: Fixed term
Salary: 33,782.00 - 37,890.00
Closing Date: 15th August 2021
Interview Date: To be confirmed
Herefordshire Council is looking for an enthusiastic and experienced professional planner to join its Neighbourhood Planning team. This fixed term two year posts provides an exciting opportunity to contribute to a range of planning policy work at senior level. A focus of this role will be to help develop the Council's new local plan, and particularly those policies and proposals for the rural parts of Herefordshire.
This work will include drafting key sections of the local plan and leading on the preparation of elements of its evidence base. In addition as part of a small team providing technical advice and support to parish councils producing neighborhood plans the post holder will need excellent communication skills and be keen to work with local communities.
Qualified in Town Planning or a related subject, you’ll be able to demonstrate substantial experience in development plan preparation and be a member of the Royal Town Planning Institute.
We welcome applicants whatever their personal characteristics or social identity. All requests for flexible working arrangements and reasonable adjustments will be considered.
The following candidates will be interviewed if they meet the essential criteria for the post they are applying for:
• Those who indicate that they have a disability. This is part of our commitment to the “Disability Confident” scheme;
• Those who indicate in their supporting statement that they are an Armed Forces Veteran or Reservist. This is part of our pledge to support the Armed Forces Covenant; and
• Those who indicate in their supporting statement that they are a Herefordshire care leaver. This is part of our commitment to supporting young people leaving our care.
Benefits with Herefordshire Council:
- Holidays: 25 days per year plus 2 days unpaid at Christmas (pro rata for part time)
- Pension: LGS pension scheme
- Pick your perks – our benefits include access to a range of retail, leisure, holiday and health benefits. This includes savings, cash back and discounts.
We also offer an employee assistance programme that means you will have access to confidential support and advice if you ever need it.
Please refer to the Job Description and Person Specification for more details of this role.
To apply, please submit your CV along with a supporting statement, referring to the job description and person specification, detailing how you meet the specific requirements of the role.
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. If you would like to obtain details regarding feedback on your application please contact Hoople Resourcing at: [email protected]