We have an excellent opportunity for someone wishing to progress their planning career and to join our enthusiastic and friendly Planning Compliance Team. We are looking for a Planner or experienced investigative officer to assist in our goal to develop this area and deliver a first-rate service. The main purpose of the job is to provide a high quality, customer-focused planning compliance service by investigating alleged breaches of planning control and pursuing the most appropriate and effective action to remedy these. For further information or to ask questions about the role please contact Lee Stoney BA(Hons) MA MRTPI, Development Management Compliance Team Leader, at [email protected]
As a Planning Enforcement Officer, your main duties will include:
- Carrying out site visits and effectively deal with breaches of planning control in order to maintain and improve the built and natural environment of the district.
- Responsible for the investigation of alleged breaches of planning control and depending on experience, attend to planning enforcement appeals and assist with.
- Lead on appropriate enforcement cases, collating evidence, checking records, preparing statements and reports so as to provide an efficient and effective enforcement service.
- Attend and give evidence at Court, Public Inquiries and Informal Hearings as required so as to ensure that effective enforcement activities are pursued within the district.
We are looking for someone who has:
- Either a planning related degree (or equivalent) and experience or knowledge of enforcement and the planning system.
- Previous experience in administering planning controls and regulations.
01 August 2021, 11:55 PM
For more information and to apply for this role, please visit Planning Enforcement Officer - Compliance Team - Kirklees Council (tal.net)