- 12 Month Fixed Term Contract
- We are proud to be a diverse employer, and we welcome candidates from all backgrounds
- Flexible Working for a better work/ life balance
- Competitive salary + parking + bonus + pension + discounted tram/ train travel to work and numerous large corporate benefits.
MAG is the country’s largest airport group. We own Manchester, Stansted and East Midlands Airports along with MAGUSA based out of Chicago. We know that airports are so much more than the place where your holiday starts! They are 24/7 self-contained towns, with our property portfolio spanning 6m square feet of: office space, high street shops, cafes, restaurants, event locations and corporate hospitality etc. We currently own 90 buildings within our portfolio and circa 275 leasehold interests. The capital value worth is calculated in the hundreds of £ millions.
Find out more about MAG here: https://youtu.be/ChzdklxVKl0
This is a 12 month fixed term contract, reporting directly to the Head of Planning Services and as part of a professional team delivering a wide range of specialist planning services to our three UK Airports, Property division and external clients. You will essentially be delivering key projects or services; both planning policy and development management, whilst assisting with regulatory approvals
As the successful candidate you will be supporting MAG’s review of its airport masterplans. These act as an expression of long-term ambitions for each or our airports for the benefit of local planning processes and used by our stakeholders, such as business and local government organisations. As part of this process, you will be tackling a range of topics such as; each airport’s approach to aviation carbon and climate change and the impending legal requirement for bio-diversity net gain or future airspace programmes and noise impacts/night flying etc. This work not only allows MAG to demonstrate a strategic vision for each of our three UK airports (something critical to future planning processes) but also offers you a fascinating and diverse project to support.
Along with a number of other equally exciting projects, you will have opportunity to work on the planning strategy for the next phase of our MAN TP project, which is one of the largest infrastructure projects in the country and will ensure that Manchester Airport is a truly world class global hub. You will also be involved in similar projects for Stansted and East Midlands Airport covering a range of issues including surface access, economic impact and environmental factors to name just a handful.
Other duties include (but not limited to:
- Contribute to the formulation of strategies and land use studies at MAG airports and provide a planning input to other corporate strategies to help deliver future growth.
- Monitor, assess and respond to external planning applications, development plans, policy statements and legislative changes to protect and promote MAG’s interests and create a supportive policy framework.
- Support professional input to the statutory Aerodrome Safeguarding process, including Local Plan policies, statutory and informal consultations.
- Operate an efficient and effective internal planning application system that protects MAG commercial and operational interests and aids effective asset management
- Undertake analysis, studies and appraisals to contribute to the delivery of the Planning Team’s work-plan.
- Prepare and assist in the preparation of planning submissions and other statutory procedures, including Public Inquiry evidence as necessary.
- Contribute to the development of positive stakeholder relationships including liaison with local planning authorities, regional and local agencies and local communities.
You must be a degree qualified Chartered Town Planner. Whilst this role would perfectly suit a Senior Planner, we will consider candidates who have reached Planner level who want to progress and gain Senior experience within a large and respected organisation such as ours. What we value most is your team ethic and a genuine enthusiasm and passion for Planning and delivering against tight deadlines.
What are we offering?
- A company that is inclusive and tolerant to all
- Flexible working approach for a better work/ life balance
- Strong base salary (on experience) + pension and bonus
- Free parking and significantly subsidised public transport
- Discounts on company products
- 24 days Holiday entitlement + bank holidays (plus the ability to buy more)
- Newly refurbished modern offices
- Based at the airport for and exciting work environment (when not working from home)
- Free coffee/ break out areas/ great company culture and approach
If you feel that you are the right candidate, then please click ‘apply’ now! We’d love to hear from you
MAG is a values led organisation and we are committed to providing equal opportunities in all areas of work and business. We want people to achieve their best, which will in turn positively impact on our customers and the communities in which we live and work. At MAG we empower people to be themselves within an inclusive and supportive environment, enabling everyone to achieve their full potential in line with their abilities and career aspirations.
As an inclusive employer, MAG wants to see every candidate performing at their best throughout the job application process, interview process and whilst at work. We therefore encourage you to inform us of any reasonable adjustments you might need to enable this to happen.