Environment and Climate Change Directorate
Environment Services – Waste Strategy & Landscape Architects
Flint Street (Plus attendance to Vine Street, George Street and Civic Centre 1) - currently home based
Operational Planning Coordinator – Grade 10 - Permanent
£31,346 - £33,782
At Kirklees we want to be innovative and creative in the way we work to deliver our services to our communities, if this is your passion too then this could be the job for you. We know we have challenging times ahead so we are always looking for better and smarter ways to work. If you are highly organised individual, with a pro-active and ‘can-do’ approach, you could be part of the team making a difference across Kirklees.
The role of Operational Planning Coordinator is an exciting and unique position, based within the Council’s Environmental Waste Strategy Team, but working closely with colleagues across the council. You will actively promote and ensure the interests of waste management are represented in multiple processes and projects with a particular emphasis on linkage to the Planning Authority. We are seeking an experienced and outstanding individual, with a robust knowledge of Planning process and excellent coordination skills who is keen to work right across service areas. This role provides the opportunity to work directly in a way that will help shape and implement developments across Kirklees, as well as helping to review, improve and maintain waste strategy arrangements at existing sites. This role is key to ensuring recommendations made to the Planning Authority and other Council services meet corporate, operational and strategic needs of the authority for all new developments and the council’s existing portfolio through regeneration schemes or newbuild projects. Continuous Professional Development will be supported and encouraged for membership of the RTPI or CIWM.
As Operational Planning Coordinator, your main responsibilities and duties will include:
- Providing professional waste management advice and guidance to other Council officers and deliver improvements to the waste management services through working closely with many different departments.
- Consulting and negotiating on proposals and coordinating responses to statutory planning processes – which could be subject to challenge by developers or ward members.
- Develop and maintain a database of records so that all historical and future consultation responses are accessible and accurate.
- Develop and co-ordinate contributions to wider Council projects on behalf of the service.
We are looking for someone who is ready for a challenge, who can develop the role and who already has:
- Degree level qualification in a waste, environment, planning or related field or has equivalent proven experience.
- Knowledge of the Development Management Planning process and Local plans
- Excellent customer service and advocacy skills and the ability to build strong working relationships with individuals across the organisation.
- Experience of producing formal written consultation in a related field.
- Experience of operating within a dynamic, deadline driven and political environment.