Senior Planning Enforcement Officer
£34,202-£38,644 per annum 37 Hours per week
An exciting time to join Cotswold District Council – public service but not as you know it!
Cotswold District is a great place to live, work and visit, and we are rightly proud of our businesses, communities and residents. We are busy recreating a council that’s pro-active and responsive to the needs of our residents and businesses in a fast changing environment. That means we need to be ‘fleet of foot’ and look for innovative and creative ways to deliver against our Corporate Plan priorities.
About the role…
This is an exciting opportunity for a Senior Planning Enforcement Officer to join our Enforcement Team. The complexity of the work will reflect the experience, competencies and qualifications of the successful candidate.
The role will include providing technical expertise, advice and direction to internal and external customers in relation to Planning Enforcement matters, including identifying and investigating breaches of planning control, and to deal with planning applications resulting from Planning Enforcement investigations in a timely manner.
You will have involvement in all aspects of processing a wide variety of planning and similar applications, dealing with applicants, agents and members of the public, within a vibrant, varied and well-motivated team environment.
You will be responsible for making robust, sound judgements in relation to Planning Enforcement matters and to lead in pursuing formal enforcement action when necessary, including appeals and prosecution proceedings.
This role covers the Cotswolds, famous for quintessentially English market towns and villages built from honey-coloured stone. With a range of gently rolling hills and the largest area of outstanding natural beauty in England making it a perfect base for walking and cycling, you will have this right on your doorstep. With our agile working ethos: you will be spoilt for choice.
You will need…
- 3 A Levels (or equivalent)
- Experience of Planning Enforcement
- Ability to organise and prioritise workload largely unsupervised, working to tight deadlines ensuring a regular, consistent output of work
- Willingness to undertake training relevant to the post and work with colleagues to share skills
- Ability to work with attention to detail to produce accurate and well-presented work
- Full Driving Licence and access to a car
For more information about this role please see the Job Description/Person Specification.
If you wish to have an informal discussion about this role, please contact: Deborah Smith on 01285 62353 or email [email protected]
Closing date for CV’s: Sunday 5th September 2021 @ Midnight
Interview Date: 9th & 10th September 2021
You will be employed by Publica Group Ltd which was created by four partner Councils (Cotswold District Council, West Oxfordshire District Council, Cheltenham Borough Council and Forest of Dean District Council) to deliver more efficient and improved services.
Publica is a unique place to work – we are a local government organisation with a twist! Publica wants to transform the way local services are delivered. To help do this we have started to fundamentally rethink the way we design our services in the digital era so that Publica is a customer-focused organisation driven by real user needs.
What can we do for you…
- agile working allowing a mix of home and office working
- flexible working arrangements (depending on the role)
- 26 days paid annual leave (pro rata if you are working part time) plus bank holidays and an extra two volunteering days off a year for you to support a charity of your choice
- paid for health cash plan giving you cash back on health, dental and eye care
- pension scheme with a good employer contribution of 5% of your earnings
- paid for Employee Assistance Programme 24/7, providing positive, preventative and supportive advice and counselling to deal with everyday events and issues
- cycle to work scheme
- paid for access to digital financial advice (covering your pension scheme, mortgages and other finances)
These are just a handful of the benefits that you can enjoy when you join us!
If you feel this is the role for you please email your CV and supporting statement detailing how you meet the criteria above by clicking on the ‘Apply for this Position’ icon within this page. Alternatively, please email us at [email protected] or contact the recruitment team on 01285 623319
Your application will not be considered if you have not provided a supporting statement, in addition to your CV.
Accredited of the disability confident scheme, we guarantee to interview all disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for the vacancy/ies - Please state this within your covering statement or in a separate email.