Dot Surveying is a multi-disciplinary property surveying consultancy based throughout the UK with main offices in Edinburgh and Birmingham/Solihull. We specialise in telecommunications and renewables but provide a wide range of services We have a long track-record of succeeding in managing and delivering projects across the UK on behalf of blue-chip, household name companies. We take a real pride in our work - providing bespoke solutions for our clients and partners that will enable them to achieve their objectives faster and for less outlay.
We are an ISO 9001 accredited company and regulated by the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors, giving confidence to our clients that we adhere to very high professional standards and take our management responsibilities
Up to £50,000 with annual review and potential for performance related bonuses. Salary negotiable for the right candidate
We are seeking a Chartered Town Planner to join an expanding planning team servicing the telecoms (and renewables) sector. The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Supporting the Planning Manager and Managing Director in all aspects of planning work, including appeals, in order to successfully deliver our clients’ projects to a high standard and within agreed timeframes
- Specifically the successful candidate will be required to manage a large caseload of live planning applications covering the 4 regions of the UK and therefore must be experienced in liaising with planning authorities and have up to date knowledge and understanding of current planning legislation.
The role is full time (40 hours per week) and will report directly to our Planning Manager.
Competitive package offered for the right candidate (i.e. subject to their skills and experience) with the potential for performance related bonuses.
The role is currently home-based due to Covid-19 but in due course and depending on the successful candidate’s location the role will be based in Edinburgh or Solihull. Once we return to offices, there is the possibility to work flexibly if desired i.e. from both the office and home. This will be discussed and agreed with the successful applicant in due course.
- MRTPI with a minimum 5 years’ experience
- Experienced in liaising with planning authorities and up to date knowledge and understanding of current planning legislation
- Ability to work under pressure and to often very tight deadlines
- Strong verbal/oral communication skills
- Strong IT and database skills, in particular MS Excel
- Strong organisation skills
- Full UK driving licence and willingness to travel in the UK
Start Date: ASAP – to be negotiated.
If you meet the criteria above and are interested in joining our busy and friendly team, we look forward to hearing from you. Please send your CV to [email protected]
Please see link below for our Privacy Notice for Job Applicants.
Further information on role or company: please e-mail: [email protected]
COVID-19 considerations: See information provided above under ‘Location’. We will follow Government advice and guidance relating to returning to offices.