Carrington West are assisting their local authority client based in the South East in their search for Town Planners to join their Development Management team; the position on offer will be dependant on your experience. We are looking for both Senior and Principal Planners. This will be offered on an initial 6-month contract.
We are looking for a qualified Town Planner with current experience of assessing planning and other related applications, with particular experience of dealing complex minor and major applications.
The successful candidate will be largely working remotely but you will be expected to undertake site visits and occasional visits t the office
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- To deal personally with a range of pre-applications, applications and appeals, as allocated by the Team Leader, and to present recommendations to Planning Committee. Ensuring the validity of such proposals, visiting sites, analysing planning history, carrying out consultations, assessment and drafting of recommendations in reports.
- To advise the public and professionals on planning policy, legislation and other issues so as to attain the optimum quality of advice and recommendations on the Council's policies, Government guidance and planning legislation.
- To ensure that planning decisions are made (and seen to be made) with the utmost integrity.
- To provide information and responses to other parts of the Council, Government departments, national organisations with an interest in planning matters, members of the public and outside bodies in relation to planning matters.
- To attend and advise meetings of the Council's Planning Committee and other Committees, informal and formal site visits, internal and external working groups and other meetings, as appropriate, on matters relating to the Development Management service
- To prepare appeal statements to present the Council's case to the Planning Inspectorate to provide the appropriate level of professional input necessary to support the Council's decisions as allocated by the Team Leader.
- To be acquainted with the various Acts relating to the Council's statutory responsibilities with regard to planning matters, including the relevant legislation, orders, circulars and policies. Keeping abreast of changes in such legislation and Government advice and making the necessary changes to practices and procedures arising there from.
- These duties and responsibilities should not be regarded as either exclusive or exhaustive as the postholder may be required to undertake other reasonably determined duties and responsibilities commensurate with the grading of the post.
It would be beneficial to hold a RTPI accredited Planning Degree or equivalent Planning qualification and/or have experience in a similar position.
Interviews are due to take place imminently, if this post is of interest, please do get in touch today
Carrington West Pay Rate - £35 to £45p/h (Negotiable - DOE)
Job Ref - 27989
Please call Cameron de Wit on 02393 876014 for a confidential discussion on this role, or email myself or our planning team if you are short of time to chat:
Carrington West's dedicated Town Planning Recruitment Team supply clients UK wide on both a permanent and contract basis and all levels of seniority. If this role is too senior, too junior or in a location that is unsuitable, but you are keen on options, please still feel free to apply and we can discuss other, often unadvertised roles with you.