Location – Flexible, Nationwide – Head Office in Skipton, North Yorkshire.
Our client a multi-disciplinary business focused on rural development and diversification working throughout the UK with a varied client base with diverse land and property interests.
Role & Responsibilities
They are ideally looking for a candidate who is resourceful, commercially aware and ambitious, demonstrating experience in the following:
- Exemplary planning skills including a deep understanding of the planning consent process.
- Client facing skills with the ability to present and communicate at senior levels and across a range of stakeholders.
- Keen knowledge and expertise of planning practice legislation.
- Outstanding project management skills coupled with timeliness and accuracy.
- Excellent report writing with a natural ability to explain and discuss planning issues for a varied audience.
- Business development skills with a track record of creating new opportunities.
- A talent for line management and team leadership with the ability to mentor and develop junior colleagues.
- Ability to prioritise workloads and juggle competing demands.
- Strong networking skills with the ability to build contacts across the industry.
- Skilled in planning software and data systems.
- Good interpersonal skills and a team player.
- Ability to contribute to the promotion of Rural Solutions through the generation of PR content.
You will be providing senior leadership across the business, expanding networks and creating relationships with key stakeholders including local authorities.
As well as contributing to motivating, developing and managing the planning teams performance and the performance of multi-discipline teams you are a part of. You will be mentoring colleagues and peer review responsibilities to ensure excellent standards of work and project management.
Having already gained Planning experience of 5 years + at a planning consultancy you will also have:
- Proven planning experience of town planning with a specialism in rural planning.
- Track record of successful business development.
- Extensive experience in the planning process from preparation, submission to consent and appeal.
- A seasoned leader with management experience in directing and developing a team.
- Evidence of previous report writing and making recommendations on major planning applications.
- Design appreciation and a flair for accuracy and creativity.
- Experienced in professional good practice.
- Chartered membership of The Royal Town Planning Institute or The Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors.
- Minimum degree qualification in town planning or related discipline.
- Full and clean driving license
What’s on offer?
Salary – A very competitive salary will be on offer dependent upon your experience
- Discretionary Bonus Scheme
- Private Medical Insurance
- Employee Assistance Programme (EAP)
- Wellness Allowance
- Birthday Off
- Christmas Holiday Allowance
- Cycle to Work Scheme
This is a great opportunity to join a progressive, friendly, and busy team of Planning Consultants. For a confidential discussion to find out more call or email Rob Hanks on 03333 48234 / 07855 276123 or [email protected]
Please note that we will endeavour to review your application within two weeks and if there is interest in your candidacy, a Consultant will be in touch. Unfortunately, due to the significant amount of applications we receive, we are unable to provide individual feedback so if you have not heard from us within two weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful. Thank you for your interest.