Planning Case Officer
£25,525 - £29,606 per annum. 37 Hours per week
Vacancy Number PUB153
An exciting time to join Cotswold District Council – public service but not as you know it!
Cotswold District is a great place to live, work and visit, and we are rightly proud of our businesses, communities and residents. We are busy recreating a council that’s pro-active and responsive to the needs of our residents and businesses in a fast changing environment. That means we need to be ‘fleet of foot’ and look for innovative and creative ways to deliver against our Corporate Plan priorities.
Publica is seeking to recruit a Planning Case Officer, to process planning applications. The role will include dealing with applications primarily falling within the categories of Householder, Minor and Other applications, pre-application enquiries and giving advice to customers
The purpose of this role is to:
- Take ownership of customer cases, including consultation with relevant subject matter expert
- Dealing with complex and / or specific service requests which may require co-ordinating / combining responses and expertise from a number of subject matter experts
- Undertake site visits when required
- Take ownership of complex or protracted cases and progress to resolution
This is a replacement role covering the Cotswolds, famous for quintessentially English market towns and villages built from honey-coloured stone. With a range of gently rolling hills and the largest area of outstanding natural beauty in England making it a perfect base for walking and cycling, you will have this right on your doorstep. With our agile working ethos: you will be spoilt for choice.
You will need…
- GCSEs (5 A-Cs or equivalent, including Maths and English)
- Experience in office environment / similar or related role
- Knowledge and understanding of the issues affecting Planning
- Full driving licence and use of car for business purposes
For more information about this role please see the Job Description/Person Specification.
If you wish to have an informal discussion about this role, please contact: Deborah Smith on 01285 623351 or email [email protected]
Please follow the link to see our great benefits: Benefits
Closing date for CV’s: Sunday 3rd October at Midnight
Interview Date: w/c 18th October 2021
You will be employed by Publica Group Ltd which was created by four partner Councils (Cotswold District Council, West Oxfordshire District Council, Cheltenham Borough Council and Forest of Dean District Council) to deliver more efficient and improved services.
Publica is a unique place to work – we are a local government organisation with a twist! Publica wants to transform the way local services are delivered. To help do this we have started to fundamentally rethink the way we design our services in the digital era so that Publica is a customer-focused organisation driven by real user needs.
What can we do for you…
- agile working allowing a mix of home and office working
- flexible working arrangements (depending on the role)
- 26 days paid annual leave (pro rata if you are working part time) plus bank holidays and an extra two volunteering days off a year for you to support a charity of your choice
- paid for health cash plan giving you cash back on health, dental and eye care
- pension scheme with a good employer contribution of 5% of your earnings
- paid for Employee Assistance Programme 24/7, providing positive, preventative and supportive advice and counselling to deal with everyday events and issues
- cycle to work scheme
- paid for access to digital financial advice (covering your pension scheme, mortgages and other finances)
These are just a handful of the benefits that you can enjoy when you join us!
Safer recruitment practices are applied to all job vacancies. Successful candidates will be required to complete a pre-employment medical questionnaire; provide references; proof of identity; nationality and immigration status; three years’ employment or education history (if applicable) and, in some cases, verification of criminal record.