The Yorkshire Dales National Park boasts some of the most stunning scenery in Britain and will provide an enviable setting for your career. As the planning authority for the area, it’s our job to help local people and businesses to keep the National Park a thriving and beautiful area.
We are the Yorkshire Dales National Park Authority, an organisation that protects, enhances and promotes the immense beauty, wildlife and character of the Yorkshire Dales. Set against expansive heather moorland tops, each valley has its own distinct charm, from crags and pavements to an underground labyrinth of caves.
We’re currently looking for a Senior Planning Officer to join us on a 12-month contract.
- Salary of £30,451 to £34,728 per annum
- Local Government pension scheme
- Flexible working opportunities
- Employee discounts on various goods and services
- Cycle to work scheme
- Free parking
- Generous leave entitlement, starting at 25 days plus bank holidays
This is an exciting opportunity for a qualified planning professional to broaden their experience while working in one of the UK’s most striking and breathtaking locations.
You will have the chance to help local people and businesses to protect the National Park and ensure it remains a thriving and beautiful area for years to come.
As a Senior Planning Officer, you will support the delivery of our development management service and help to promote sustainable development within the National Park.
You will negotiate positive design solutions, provide professional advice on a broad spectrum of planning issues, manage applications efficiently and present your recommendations clearly.
Reporting to the Principal Planning Officer, you will:
- Take on an interesting caseload
- Handle applications and appeals in line with our procedures and practices
- Help to monitor sites and the delivery of the enforcement service
- Give evidence at public inquiries and hearings
To join us as a Senior Planning Officer, you will need:
- Experience of development control workA good understanding of the legislative, procedural and policy framework within which the planning system operates
- Membership of the Royal Town Planning Institute (RTPI) or working towards
- A full driving licence
Our recruitment process treats all job applications equally, regardless of age, disability, gender identity, race, ethnicity, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation or any other equality characteristic. That said, we particularly encourage applications from people from Black, Asian and other minority ethnic (BAME) backgrounds, as this group are currently under-represented throughout the Authority.
For an informal chat about this vacancy, please contact Katherine Wood, Principal Planning Officer.
The closing date for completed application forms is 11pm on Monday 4th October 2021.
So, if you’re seeking your next challenge as a Senior Planning Officer, please apply via the button shown. This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.