Senior Planning Officer
Lancashire County Council is looking to recruit for the post of senior planning officer within the planning policy group, to work on the review of the Minerals and Waste Local Plan. You will be responsible for, amongst other things, drafting policy documents and evidence documents, and reviewing, summarising and responding to consultation responses.
- Working with, and providing technical support to, senior officers in the development of planning policy;
- Preparation of evidence documents including sustainability appraisal documents, the authorities monitoring report and local aggregate assessment;
- Reviewing and summarising representations submitted during planning consultations, as part of the production of consultation outcome reports;
- Analysis of minerals and waste production and capacity data;
- Attendance at public consultation events, meetings with local councillors and stakeholder engagement;
- Coordinating, and where appropriate contributing to, Council responses to local and national planning policy consultations.
- Degree in relevant spatial, planning or environmental subject;
- Knowledge and experience of the local plan regulations, national policy and guidance;
- Knowledge and experience of minerals and waste planning;
- Ability to work under minimum supervision with good time management and managing competing priorities.
The following knowledge/skills/qualifications are desirable:
- Experience in the application of the above in local government;
- Experience of using GIS software;
- Post-graduate degree in spatial, planning or other relevant subject;
- Membership of the RTPI or equivalent.
In return Lancashire County Council offers a range of benefits, found on our website here
To apply please click on the 'Apply Button'
Closing Date 08 October 2021.
Job Description & Person Specification