SALARY £28,672 - £31,346 per annum
This is an excellent opportunity for an enthusiastic and capable individual to progress in their planning career. The role will provide opportunities to expand your existing knowledge and the successful candidate will be supported and guided by our experienced team of planners. It is an exciting time in Mid Devon with the Culm garden village development and many other exciting employment and housing developments taking place. If successful you will have excellent opportunities to gain experience in environmental, employment, housing and sustainability issues in an exciting and diverse planning environment. As an essential part of a high performing Development Management team your focus will be on results, you will need a good understanding of the planning system and a willingness to learn. Good communication skills and knowledge of standard IT packages will also be required.
For this post education to degree level is required, preferably with a degree in planning or a related field. You will be working towards membership of the Royal Town Planning Institute and have previous development control/development management experience.
Mid Devon District Council is proud to offer an excellent benefits package to all of our employees including:
- A Local Government Pension Scheme
- Free Car Parking
- CSSC offering discounts in shops, restaurants, cinemas, hotels and insurance benefits
- A Flexible Benefits Scheme via salary sacrifice to obtain a cycle for work
- Excellent training and development opportunities
- Generous annual leave, flexible working arrangements and the opportunity to purchase additional leave
- Staff discounts in our leisure centres
- Employee Assistance Programme and support offering a variety of employee wellbeing services to support a healthy work/life balance and lifestyle.
For an informal discussion about the post, contact Angharad Williams Mobile: 07816362520
Visit our website by clicking on the 'Apply Button' for full application details and to apply online, or alternatively for an application pack, please contact:
Human Resources, Mid Devon District Council, Phoenix House, Phoenix Lane, Tiverton, Devon, EX16 6PP.
Tel: (01884) 234331 - 24 hour recruitment line
E-Mail: [email protected]
CLOSING DATE FOR APPLICATIONS: 18 October 2021 at 1:00pm
VACANCY REFERENCE NUMBER: 2021072
POST NO: PD05
Committed to Equality of Opportunity, we welcome applications from all sections of the community