Planning Policy Lead
Grade: H - Salary: £49,865 to £59,032 (dependent upon experience and qualifications) Plus financial welcome package
Permanent (encourage and support home working)
Lewes District Council and Eastbourne Borough Council have transformed to adapt how we offer our services to enable a first-rate customer service which maximises the use of technology, integrating services and systems across the two Councils.
Planning First is a newly established service bringing together staff at Eastbourne Borough and Lewes District Councils concerned with guiding and directing the local place shaping agenda. The transformation includes having a joint Planning Policy service which will cover both Councils’ Local Planning Authority areas and thereby ensuring that for the successful candidate there would there would be exposure to a range of issues.
We want to further develop this team and we are currently looking for an experienced Policy Planner to Lead Planning Policy team with Planning First.
You must also have or working towards:
- A recognised planning qualification
- RTPI Membership
- Aptitude for progressing local plan and policy making along with applications and development projects
- High level communication and presentation skills including clear, concise reporting and correspondence particularly concerning complex or controversial issues.
The role will involve:
- Leading the Planning Policy team in the consistent development of planning policy, implementation of projects and monitoring within the statutory requirements concerning the production of development plans for both Lewes and Eastbourne Councils.
- Work closely with political members and other strategy and corporate managers to design how strategies and policies translate into services and delivery on the ground.
- Act as a key advisor to the councils on relevant internal and external agendas.
- Lead and contribute to the most significant and complex community and corporate projects.
- Represent the councils at a range of local, sub-regional, regional and national fora to plan future policy and promote innovation and best practice and where necessary secure duty to co-operate.
- Lead the team in terms of promoting a culture that is supportive of the Councils aims and values and supports a team that is focussed on proactively managing workflow, priorities and performance.
- Work alongside neighbouring local planning authorities, especially the South Downs National Mark Authority, in ensuring that cross-boundary infrastructure needs and expenditure is undertaken in a fair and equitable manner and ensures the timely delivery of infrastructure required to support growth identified in the local development plans
Please note if you are interested in applying for this post, we would love to hear from you.
To apply click on the 'Apply Button'
Closing date: Friday 5th November 2021
Interview date: Thursday 22nd November 2021