COME AND JOIN US!
Are you looking for an exciting job with a friendly independent firm but also the right work/life balance?
We are looking for an enthusiastic Senior/Associate Chartered Town Planner to join our expanding team in Tunbridge Wells. You will be working directly with clients on a broad mix of projects, ranging from major residential and commercial land allocations, mediums sized residential schemes, to rural business diversifications and smaller domestic projects for individual clients – we cover a wide range of development and planning projects.
Please send your application to Kirsty Castle, Partner, Planning
1 London Road, Tunbridge Wells, TN1 1DH
([email protected]; 01892 509280)
SENIOR CHARTERED TOWN PLANNER
The role will involve providing professional planning advice to external clients and other teams within the multidisciplinary business as well as preparing, making and running a broad range of planning applications. Under guidance of the team leader, the Senior/Associate Planner will be expected to carry their own case load. A firm grasp of the UK Planning system, process and legislation is therefore essential. This is a client-facing role, and the right candidate would be expected to have excellent communication skills and to represent and positively promote the planning team and wider business. This role would suit someone with 3-5 years’ post- qualification experience in either planning consultancy or development management.
• Working as part of the planning team to deliver a range of planning and development projects.
• Writing and reviewing planning deliverables to a high standard. This includes development appraisals, planning statements, appeal statements, Local Plan/Policy representations and relevant environmental statement chapters where necessary.
• Preparation, management and negotiation of planning submissions. This will include working alongside and project managing other disciplines.
• Provide professional planning advice and support to other areas of the business.
• Responsible for own client accounts and all areas of client care.
• Helping with or leading on the preparation of fee proposals and tenders.
• Communicating and liaising effectively with colleagues within the team and across the firm.
• Helping to bring additional work opportunities to the planning team through building strong relationships with existing and future client base.
• Thinking both creatively and logically to apply planning experience and knowledge to secure beneficial planning strategies.
• Responsibility for the financial monitoring of projects, document control, progress reporting and other project management tasks.
• Where required attendance at events and meetings outside of normal working hours, e.g. attendance at planning committee or other company promotional/professional events.
Essential Qualifications & Skills
• A degree qualification in a relevant planning or related degree (accredited to the Royal Town Planning Institute).
• Existing Chartered Membership of the RTPI.
• Experience will ideally include recent development planning or development management experience in the private or public sector.
• Strong technical ability with excellent understanding of current town planning issues and the town planning process.
• Excellent written, oral, numerical, organisational and communication skills.
• Strong team-working capabilities.
• Strong attention to detail, and an ability to apply knowledge to practical situations.
• Positive commitment to team and personal project delivery.
• Commercial focus.
• Experience in project management of planning submissions.
• Commercial experience in Town Planning in a consultancy environment.
• Working knowledge of or interest in EIA.
• Interest in rural development.